Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

2 recommendations

Ctrl Alt Del to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit

Re: Ahh the clueless iPhone consumer

What does any of this have anything to do with the iPhone or iPhone consumer? Any smartphone on Verizon requires a data share plan. And Verizon sold 3.1M iPhones and 3.4M Androids last quarter. By your logic, the average Android consumer is even more clueless.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

2 recommendations

NY Tel

Premium Member

said by Ctrl Alt Del:

What does any of this have anything to do with the iPhone or iPhone consumer? Any smartphone on Verizon requires a data share plan. And Verizon sold 3.1M iPhones and 3.4M Androids last quarter. By your logic, the average Android consumer is even more clueless.

Because it would/could appear that the poster is just as clueless?
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

1 edit

Terabit to Ctrl Alt Del

to Ctrl Alt Del
said by Ctrl Alt Del:

First off, your typical android user is much more tech savvy than an iPhone user. The fact that VZ has the most customers, yet sold less iPhones during the same quarter says a lot.

You missed my point. Iphone users are still flocking to AT&T and paying close to what you pay for VZ, yet receiving a significantly worse cellular experience. That is my point.

Of course both carriers are a rip off but what choice do people have...

Bootes
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Bootes

Premium Member

You need to realize that different people have different needs from their cell service and just because AT&T is bad where you are, doesn't mean that they're bad for everyone.

AT&T is the only one with cell service that works inside my house. AT&T was the only one with a cell tower at my university, making it the only one that worked in the underground areas of the university. AT&T makes it much easier for me to swap between phones and use my phone overseas.

These are/were all very important issues to me. At the same, I rarely don't have signal in a place Verizon does.

There are are places where AT&T has better coverage and their are places were Verizon had better coverage. Does one have better coverage overall? I don't know and I don't care and neither should most people. I care about coverage in the areas I go and not the places I will never go to.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

1 recommendation

Ctrl Alt Del to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

First off, your typical android user is much more tech savvy than an iPhone user. The fact that VZ has the most customers, yet sold less iPhones during the same quarter says a lot.

Sounds like a personal opinion lacking proof. And any proof you though you had from this article is actually wrong, see below.
said by Terabit:

You missed my point. Iphone users are still flocking to AT&T and paying close to what you pay for VZ, yet receiving a significantly worse cellular experience. That is my point.

That chart doesn't show users flocking anywhere. The majority of the 4.7M iPhone activations were existing customers buying a new phone.

AT&T only had a 678,000 net increase in total wireless subscribers. Verizon Wireless, meanwhile, added 1.5 million retail postpaid subscribers. People are actually flocking to Verizon by a factor of 3x. And the iPhone accounted for 46% of the 6.8 million smartphones Verizon sold in the quarter.

All those clueless iPhone consumers? Not quite. They're jumping ship to Verizon and half of Verizon's customers are buying iPhones.
Expand your moderator at work
Terabit

Terabit to Bootes

to Bootes

Re: Ahh the clueless iPhone consumer

First off, if you do not care, then why are you talking about it? Try using AT&T 3G in Manhattan and then come tell me how awesome they are.

Not to mention, you have these things called independent studies that analyze the wireless sector. Root Metrics for example illustrates that VZ is #1 across the board in NYC.

Like you stated, VZ works well wherever 'you' go. However, that doesn't reflect the experience of 310 million people. There have been many times that I have had Zero coverage right in central park with ATT. Whereas, with no bars but a D, I am able to make a clear call with Verizon.

Bootes
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Bootes

Premium Member

Once again, the point is that coverage depends on location and who has better coverage depends on where you want to use your phone.

Saying AT&T has poor coverage where you frquently use your cell phone and so you refuse to use their service is fine. Saying that every person that uses AT&T is an idiot is idiotic.
Terabit

Terabit to Ctrl Alt Del

to Ctrl Alt Del
Yes the statement was empirical, however, Android is a lot more user configurable than IOS. I cannot even change the MMS settings on the iPhone without a hack.

Look at all of the custom roms and so forth avialble for android. Look at all of the tech apps, like the detailed cellular wireless network apps available. Whereas, without jailbreaking, even then, you are extremely limited in this aspect with IOS.

I have two handsets, an iphone 4s and a SGIII. I have the freedom to configure lots more than I can on the iphone. Love both phones, however, with the SGIII, there are no limits as to what I can do with it, what I can run, or how I can customize the handset. These are all things that someone techy would do.

Those who are not techy, have zero interest in any of that. Therefore, it's easy to see that both users and the apps available for android are more IT inclined.

----------

Signing up with the same carrier is essentially choosing the carrier.
Terabit

1 edit

Terabit to Bootes

to Bootes
First point is common sense.

I rely on the various data and independent reputable rankings that compare and contrast actual network performance, in various 'cities' throughout America. Most illustrate time and time again that VZ is #1. Then you have the Customer Service side of things, where AT&T is ranked dead last.

These are not my opinion, these are independent sources there for all to see. Not sure why you fail to grasp this concept and I am certainly not telling you what or who to use.

Walkingtall
@165.214.14.x

Walkingtall to Ctrl Alt Del

Anon

to Ctrl Alt Del
said by Ctrl Alt Del:

Any smartphone on Verizon requires a data share plan.

From what I've seen this is not true. A friends wife upgraded to the iPhone 5 taking the discount and giving up unlimited data but they were not forced to take the data share plan. They still let them take the single plans with 2GB limit which is cheaper than the shared plan. He kept his Android smart phone with unlimited data on the same account and was not affected.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike to Terabit

Mod

to Terabit

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· embedded
is you