You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to danawhitaker

Premium Member

to danawhitaker

Re:  

that was mp 1, they weren't nearly as bad for mp 2 as their were reports that kids were getting blisters from that mini game.

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI

Dejavu

Mod

I collect all these old systems and games, they are awesome!

I have the tools to open up the carts as well as the batteries for replacing the internal save battery. If anyone has questions feel free to pm me and ill try and help.

Pic of some of my stuff (last year).

tbone2006
join:2006-07-22
Abilene, TX

tbone2006

Man you are as bad as the angry video game nerd! I regret buying a saga and saga cd instead of a snes back in the day. I thought the saga cd was so cool with its controversial game night trap. I still break out my nes and Atari 2600 from time to time
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Dejavu

to Dejavu
That is so beautiful.

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI

Dejavu

Mod

said by me1212:

That is so beautiful.

thank you. That's about 1/6th of my collection currently.
Jack2
join:2012-11-04

Jack2 to Dejavu

to Dejavu
Excellent collection dude!
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Dejavu

Premium Member

to Dejavu
great collection. lots of game history there.

And onto the main topic, it is the lack of moving parts that makes the old systems last so long. Also the fact that NES, SNES and the classic Gameboy where made of some as yet unknown meta material that cannot be destroyed.

(there is an image on the net and it is confirmed real of a gameboy that got bombed in Iraq I think is back in the first gulf war and it still booted up Tetris.)

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Its not unknown, its thick plastic with very little in the way of electronics inside. This was way before shrinking electronics mattered, so the insides had lots of space. Not to mention that the electronics give off pretty much zero heat and use little wattage.

If all you do is blow off a lot of the plastic, you can continue using the gameboy.