SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to turnerbrewer

Premium Member

to turnerbrewer

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

Well since i live local to Philly, talked with a buddy the other night that works in the CC tower - sounds like ALOT of issues with the X1 software.

Figuring I beta'd the FIOS TV software for 1 year before the general public got it - I think we should all stick to looking forward to the A30 I-Guide update. Rolling out STB software appears to be quite the triumph these days..

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

just go read the thread about the x1 on the comcast user forums nothing but complaints.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

said by mikedz4:

just go read the thread about the x1 on the comcast user forums nothing but complaints.

This thread, right?
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· e#M54467

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by cypherstream:

said by mikedz4:

This thread, right?
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· e#M54467

If what the latest post in that thread (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· 5#M59637) says is true, then there are some interesting new developments coming to the X1:
I spoke with the local comcast rep and he said hopefully by superbowl the x1's were going to the cloud with the dvr recorded shows so they will have the anyroom functionality. I also spoke with him about the remote and he says they are aware of it and coming out with a new remote not the r2 but a different one, supposedly it's going to have a slide out keyboard and possibly backlit (with the abilty to switch between tuners on the tv).

So I say hang in there people we are the early adopters of this new box. Its only going to get better.

cast sucks
@dsl.net

cast sucks

Anon

and how will going to the cloud work with out SDV they will run out of bandwidth like that.