spc
Search similar:

uniqs
yami
join:2011-07-25
Lake Worth, FL

1 edit

yami

Does adding to DMZ require DHCP assigned IP ??!!

Hi

I am trying to add my ip phone to my AT&T 2Wire modem/router DMZ zone but it gives below error?

""The selected device has a static IP address. DMZplus requires that the selected device use DHCP to obtain its IP address.""

I wonder because if I use DHCP, once and while my device IP may change and then it cannot use DMZ feature???!!!

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

shdesigns

Premium Member

Does the router have static DHCP assignment? That would allow the ip phone to always have the same IP.
yami
join:2011-07-25
Lake Worth, FL

2 edits

yami

Honestly I hate these 2WIRE modem/routers!!

They are not standard. I do not see any thing like Static DHCP Assignment in it. I wonder does DMZ really need device to have DHCP assigned IP ??? I was thinking that in fact it would better have static IP than DHCP assigned one!

In fact with DMZplus in 2WIRE modem/routers something interesting happens!!
I made my ip phone to accept DHCP assigned ip's by router and then I added it to DMZplus. The ip phone got my valid internet ip.
Now, I restart my modem/router and my ip phone. Modem/router knows ip phone again and it is still in DMZplus with my new valid ip!!!

I have no idea how modem/router knows it. I did not enter any MAC address anywhere.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to yami

MVM

to yami
When the 2wire dmzplus is enabled, that device shares the public ip address
If you prefer to not use dhcp on that device you can set up port forwarding