Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Speed] How to know speed for your region?

I am on Comcast "Performance" internet.... and that is all I know... when I signed up for it, it was 6Mbit, then bumped to 12Mbit then 15Mbit, now I have no clue what it is at.. I can't find any reference to sold speeds or anything just that its "performance internet" and I can upgrade to "Extreme" not even given preferred as an option online... can't see the config file on the modem... all I can do is a shaper probe test that gives me 22Mbit sustained even after downloading 1GB of files from MSDN... so are we at 25Mbit now? never got any word of an upgrade to that... thanks for any info you can give... I am in the Pittsburgh region on the Blairsville, PA head end

Extide

join:2000-06-11

Sounds like you are on the 20/4 package. Comcast actually over-provisions a bit, believe it or not. However, I think the 20/4 is blast, and performance is 16/2 ? I am not 100% sure though, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

This is kind of funny because I had the same problem, when I was signing up all of the people I spoke to told me different numbers! I THINK I am at the 25/5 plan or something, but I am not sure either...

Also the plans are not necessarily the same speed in every location, depending on how upgraded your plant and stuff is.

neufuse

James Creek, PA

yeah, I just wish I knew what I am paying for...

I just did a speed test from speedtest.comcast.net and it gave me 25.08 down and 3.16 up but of course is that or is that not with a boost... like all speed tests... too short to tell

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

Here Blast is 16/2, until the complete D3 but then who knows what will be what. I was told after D3 was complete Blast will be 50/10. Shrugs
--
»www.VAJeeps.com

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to neufuse

said by neufuse:

yeah, I just wish I knew what I am paying for...

I just did a speed test from speedtest.comcast.net and it gave me 25.08 down and 3.16 up but of course is that or is that not with a boost... like all speed tests... too short to tell

Try this tool;

»www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffpr···obe.html

neufuse

James Creek, PA

*scratches head* re-read my first post

incorrectPW

@comcast.net

I gotta agree with PhReE5. you are prob on 20/4. Shaperprobe showed 22, because Comcast over-provisions 10%.

As far as finding what is actually available to you... Good luck. I have been trying that for years.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to neufuse

said by neufuse:

*scratches head* re-read my first post

O/k, my bad, sorry. You can stop scratching now..

neufuse

James Creek, PA

Good, was starting to get a bald spot from the scratching