uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bootes
Premium
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY
reply to Telco

Re: Ahh the clueless iPhone consumer

You need to realize that different people have different needs from their cell service and just because AT&T is bad where you are, doesn't mean that they're bad for everyone.

AT&T is the only one with cell service that works inside my house. AT&T was the only one with a cell tower at my university, making it the only one that worked in the underground areas of the university. AT&T makes it much easier for me to swap between phones and use my phone overseas.

These are/were all very important issues to me. At the same, I rarely don't have signal in a place Verizon does.

There are are places where AT&T has better coverage and their are places were Verizon had better coverage. Does one have better coverage overall? I don't know and I don't care and neither should most people. I care about coverage in the areas I go and not the places I will never go to.

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Reviews:
·Callcentric

First off, if you do not care, then why are you talking about it? Try using AT&T 3G in Manhattan and then come tell me how awesome they are.

Not to mention, you have these things called independent studies that analyze the wireless sector. Root Metrics for example illustrates that VZ is #1 across the board in NYC.

Like you stated, VZ works well wherever 'you' go. However, that doesn't reflect the experience of 310 million people. There have been many times that I have had Zero coverage right in central park with ATT. Whereas, with no bars but a D, I am able to make a clear call with Verizon.

Bootes
Premium
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Once again, the point is that coverage depends on location and who has better coverage depends on where you want to use your phone.

Saying AT&T has poor coverage where you frquently use your cell phone and so you refuse to use their service is fine. Saying that every person that uses AT&T is an idiot is idiotic.

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 edit

First point is common sense.

I rely on the various data and independent reputable rankings that compare and contrast actual network performance, in various 'cities' throughout America. Most illustrate time and time again that VZ is #1. Then you have the Customer Service side of things, where AT&T is ranked dead last.

These are not my opinion, these are independent sources there for all to see. Not sure why you fail to grasp this concept and I am certainly not telling you what or who to use.