Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

1 recommendation

dolphins to eve8

Premium Member

to eve8

Re: Want to enlist someone's PS prowess

The last 2 images are 8 inches in width by 3 inches in height, actual print size. Don't be confused by the resolution. Hold a tape measure across your torso and you'll be able to judge better.

As for the first image, are you're referring to the one with the fonts and logo?

eve8
Premium Member
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA

eve8

Premium Member

said by dolphins:

As for the first image, are you're referring to the one with the fonts and logo?

Yes. Basically, the 2nd half of the series of pictures in that first picture w/ the fonts & logo and without the blur... just to see which he looks more.

Thanks again!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

dolphins

Premium Member

OK here ya go...

Font FX

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

Size-wize, you're fine. You have a large enough image (in pixels) to accommodate the size required. You'll need to find out the actual print size from the printer, and set the document size to that specification, without resampling. It'll likely increase the resolution (document size will be smaller than 10x7.5), which is not a problem.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Thank you.

Yes, I did forget to stress that the printer will affect the output. That's why it's best that the work be printed from the same computer due to monitor size, settings, etc.

One question though... can you hold a ruler to your monitor to match actual print size? What I mean is I set the PS ruler to inches and than adjusted it so that the two rulers matched. I had read this somewhere before but am unsure of it being the truth.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

I never worry about the image size as viewed on the display. Best idea for this use would be to print out a paper version first, and see how it fits the t-shirts. Then make adjustments as necessary before using the transfer material.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

OK great, thanks!

I did send the files to my printer just to see how they would print but I knew the final outcome would be altered when sent to a different computer and printer.

So in other words, my job is done, it's up to the printer or printee, so to speak.