uniqs

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Good place to buy pumpkins?

Anywhere in this area? Napervill, lisle bolingbrook etc. I've seen the ones at jewel, donimics, home depot etc and they're all crap. Even the farmers market out here had shit.

I thought I remembered driving by a farm type place in Naperville that looked pretty cool. I don't remember if it was on 75th or Hobson though.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Click for full size
Map
Click for full size
Street View
Not sure how far of a drive this is from you. However, I know they have a great selection of Pumpkins and other fall / Halloween items.

Goebbert’s Farm & Garden Center
40 W Higgins Rd
South Barrington, Il 60010

Located 1.5 miles East of Route 59 (New Sutton Road) on Higgins Road (Route 72).

»www.goebbertsgardencenter.com/

--Brian

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

VegasMan to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
He can hit Goebberts on his way home from work. Just don't go on Friday, the place is so packed they have police directing traffic.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

We're probably going sat or sun though. Barrington is kind of a haul from here. Just found out Johansen Farms right by me is still open. Thought they were closed for the season. Maybe I'll check there. Not sure what anyone will have left this late in the month so still open to suggestions.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to Jon5

MVM

to Jon5
I once made the mistake of driving by, forgetting it was just before Halloween. Higgins was backed up for nearly a full mile in each direction. Worse, when I got close to the front, they would hold traffic for minutes at a time, even though there were NO cars near the exit, but slowly working their way down the driveway!!!

I have to go to a birthday party to the NW of me this Saturday, and would normally take 72 (to 31 and then N), but may run further north to 62, or go down Schaumburg to 59 and up.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
We always bought our pumpkins from a family farmer on Hopps road west of Randall Road. Great selection and half the price of everyone else. I will have to see if they are still open.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
You can also try Johansen Farms, 710 West Boughton Road Bolingbrook, IL 60440but also they get busy.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

We're gonna go there. I thought they were closed for the year but I guess they're open until the 31st. Probably have nothing left though.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to Jon5

Mod

to Jon5
Used to go to Goebbert’s all the time growing up but lately it just feels more and more like it's become bloated. With my two year old in a cast we went to this tiny little hole in a wall called Dave's

»www.pumpkinpatchesandmor ··· ins.com/

Seriously I always thought it was ghetto, and it certainly wasn't amazing but it was just what we needed and 5 bucks a pumpkin is pretty dang cheap.

Way to far for you though Jon sorry.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

We found some at a little garden center a few blocks away but we decided to skip it. We've been pretty busy and weren't sure we could find the time for them.

One thing I mention to my wife though that I've noticed. They used to set up those lots, like they do with Christmas trees. It occurred to me I haven't seen one of those in years. I still see the Christmas tree lots though.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Goebbert's actual farm is between Hampshire and Huntley, and they used to offer tractor rides out the fields where you could pick your own pumpkin off the vine. Then they added the petting zoo, the haunted house, photo ops, corn mazes etc. and an admission fee. It got to be too much and we stopped going.