share rss forum feed

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5
reply to pike

Re: How do I extend the dryer vent outside?

said by pike:

I'm not quite understanding your question. What's too short? The duct that goes from the dryer to the vent? Just replace it with a longer one, they are very inexpensive.. I've seen the aluminum ones in 20 foot length for less than $20. Don't forgot the hose clamps if they're not already there.

The circle extender is slightly too short that is attached to the plastic part.. I need to extend that.
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Are you talking about the part that goes through the wall?
Not the actual vent pipe from the dryer to the vent?

If so, I'd call around to an HVAC company, see if they sell a longer pipe. You don't want to use PVC or vinyl.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
reply to SuperNet9

I've seen longer ones sold at home depot. Look in the HVAC ducting section, you'll have all the lenght and diameters available.

How do you know it's too short anyway?

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to SuperNet9

said by SuperNet9:

The circle extender is slightly too short that is attached to the plastic part.. I need to extend that.

Is this a new installation or repairing an old? If the plastic part just fell off, I'd try to pull the pipe out. It may have just slipped back into the wall. If that doesn't work, you may need to get a new vent, slip it into or over the old pipe and tape from the inside.