how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mr666machete

join:2012-10-24
Blackstock, ON

Canopy point to point x box live problem

I have a motorola canopy device on my antenna , it brings the signal to a linksys router, last week everthing was fine, I can connet to x box live everything works like youtube and updates, I can even download demos, but when I try to play any game online it gives me servers blocked in every game I own. Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated. I have by passed the router no change, net works but can't connect to game servers on x box and pc. It has to be a problem with the canopy system but I have no idea what. Thx in advance.

mr666machete

Blackstock, ON
This sucks,

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to mr666machete
Have you talked to your WISP?

mr666machete

Blackstock, ON
Yea they are clueless, had buddy over for 2 hours trying to fix it. Nothing. Its just the game servers for any device its so bizzare never had a problem like this, I hate not knowing the problem, but huck it, I got a new wisp comming to hook up monday it sucks I can't find the problem, net worked fine for five years, then boom. Wtf , no battlefield.

bdnhsv

join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL
sounds like either some ports or protocols are being blocked. Do you know which ports and protocols your games use?

mr666machete

Blackstock, ON
I did up all the ports years ago, everything was all good. I took my router out of the signal flow and just hooked up the canopy directly to the x box and the same thing happends, can't connect to any games servers but everything else works. It has to be a problem with the canopy settings but I have no clue how to get into the canopy setup. My wisp controls the canopy settings remotly but they have no clue what there doing.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
I'm going to move this from Wireless Networking to the Wireless ISP forum in the (faint, frankly) hope that one of the folks there can help.

My guess is that the answer lies with your provider, though, and no one here will be able to do much.

dongato17
VIP
join:2000-07-28
Atlanta, GA
reply to mr666machete
Once directly connected to the Canopy radio, are you on a public IP at that point or a private IP still?

-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2
reply to mr666machete
Seems pointless to spend any time helping you troubleshoot your problem which appears to have something to do with your old WISP if you have another provider coming to set you up in 4 days. If you're still having problems after Monday, I expect you'll get more suggestions to try.

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
said by jcremin:

Seems pointless to spend any time helping you troubleshoot your problem ...

Ja, moot now since you're switching providers.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey