Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

1 edit

sk1939 to yaplej

Premium Member

to yaplej

Re: Heavy Iron - Dual Cisco 7613 Routers w/ RSP720-3C-10GE

said by yaplej:

Is the rsp720 anything like the sup720? If so when used in the 13 slot chassis a few of the slots only have a single fabric connection so only 20Gbps not the full 40Gbps. With the sup2T that's increased to a full 80Gbps for all slots but I haven't seen anything on the rsp2T.

I would think so give the chassis similarity if nothing else, however the 76XX's don't have an "E" chassis. They can use the Cat6k Sup 720 engine though. Cisco's spec sheets are conflicting about throughput though.
said by yaplej:

Anyone else find it odd that they list the slot bandwidth in half-duplex rather than the full-duplex speed? Seems like the marketing guys would be all over listing 40Gbps for single fabric slots 80Gbps for dual fabric and 160Gbps for sup2T equipped chassis.

Depending on the vendor I've seen it marketed that way. I've also seen the 3560G listed as layer 2 only, but I digress.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by sk1939:

I would think so give the chassis similarity if nothing else, however the 76XX's don't have an "E" chassis.

the 7600 have the -s chassis. it doesn't provide the same upgrade as the -e chassis does in c6k (as its a router, not a switch with a router bolted on).

q.