Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

1 recommendation

Count Zero to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32

Re: Ahh the clueless iPhone consumer

Only the entire interface. See Android pre 2007.

And many of those "lacking" features were only present on android slightly before they were on the iPhone, Apple has a much more stable release cycle tied to the annual hardware updates, that explains most of the missing features. Google maps not having turn by turn on the iPhone was largely due to the Apple and Google dispute.

And so we're clear, while you claim Apple maps is an abortion, research groups have noted that very very few actual customers have had any significant problems with them. I personally have used them several times without any errors at all. I think that android users are just upset the apples maps look so nice, latch onto a few small errors and pretend the sky is falling.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

quote:
Only the entire interface. See Android pre 2007
Lemme guess, nothing but rows of icons? A similar boring UI as the iPhone. Fast forward to the past few years and we have widgets that allow for more customization. But then again, Apple users no nothing about customizations they just obey the commands of their leaders.
quote:
And many of those "lacking" features were only present on android slightly before they were on the iPhone, Apple has a much more stable release cycle tied to the annual hardware updates, that explains most of the missing features.
Go ahead, keep telling yourself that, and maybe you'll eventually believe that. I'm sure Apple is waiting for DLNA and NFC to 'improve' and be ‘more stable’ as well.
quote:
And so we're clear, while you claim Apple maps is an abortion, research groups have noted that very very few actual customers have had any significant problems with them. I personally have used them several times without any errors at all.
If you say so...
quote:
think that android users are just upset the apples maps look so nice, latch onto a few small errors and pretend the sky is falling.
Now that's pretty funny! After owning an iPhone for 16 long painstaking months, I can't think of a single thing I'm ‘upset’ at with Android over Apple. I've been using Google Nav just about every day for the past two years to do my job and never had an issue. I’d be worried if my livelihood relied on Apple Maps. And I’d rather have functionality over looks, not that I think anything on the iPhone is anything special to look at.

Sounds like someone is a little testy that Apple, while they promote themselves as some type of premium, state of the art, cutting edge company, is just the opposite and is often playing catch-up. HTC is coming out with a real 1080p display for their new One X. You Apple users will say, ‘why does anyone need a 1080p screen on a phone’. But then in three years or so when the iPhone 8S has a display resolution around 1920x1080, because heaven forbid if Apple has a standard display not some made up ‘Retina’ thing, it will be the best thing ever.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

1 recommendation

Count Zero

Premium Member

Aww… Another phandroid in denial.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

Yep in complete denial. Meanwhile you can't name any specific features Google copied from Apple. Nor reply to any of my points directly.

I'd rather be a Phandroid than a Sheep.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

1 edit

Count Zero

Premium Member

Again, have you ever look at what android was pre-2007, everything android is now stems from the "Original Sin" – the blatant ripoff of iOS. The incremental updates the android has made "over" iOS are all due to that, and Apple's software release cycle being later in the year than android.

And in my experience, having used my brothers Motorola droid, and several droids of other people at work, iOS has always been more stable, the hardware has always worked better, and faster and more responsive, and has been less crash prone.

One important thing my iPhone has done very well since the 3GS is exchange compatibility, my friend with droids all had to pay for Good email software, Apple had it built in. Media has always been better on the iPhone. There are more high-quality, medical apps on the iPhone.

The iPhone screen blows away every other display I've seen next to it – including the Samsung galaxy three.

With the exception of widgets on the home screen, I have never seen Android to do anything better than the iPhone, and most things on android have been buggy in my experience.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to Count Zero

to Count Zero
Guys, not sure what you are arguing about. As of 2012, Win 8 mobile beats both hands down. The live tiles concept is fantastic and the GUI, even on a single core, is smooth.

Cannot wait for the Nokia 920 to come out.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Metro is interesting but it's definitely not a "hands down winner".