Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to limegrass69

Re: Bit Rate versus Picture Quality

In fact they at least in the past with some channels did not re-encode them, simply sent what they received.

See

»Re: Sound too low on your OOL HBO and digital chan

Whether that has changed or not I do not know.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

blohner

join:2002-06-26
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Optimum Online
reply to BrielleRalph
With a proper viewing distance to allow you to see 1080 resolution (e.g. 6-8 feet from a 60 inch TV) you will be able to see a significant difference between the ~19Mbps and let's say a compressed ~10Mbps... I have been able to compare FIOS and CV right next to each other at my neighbors and there is a significant difference... (I don't have either TV service - the only TV I watch is Netflix BluRay's - their Streaming is also not up to snuff at all - If I wanted TV I would go back to FIOS at this point)
--
I am addicted to speed --- Boost + speed that is ---

BrielleRalph

join:2012-10-24
Brielle, NJ
Clearly FiOS has the capability of delivering the full 19-Mbps HD signal all the way to the viewer. Are you saying that they are getting the full 19-Mbps HD signal from the broadcasters and that is what they are delivering? (This would be better than OTA which is less that 19 Mbps.)

DaBx

join:2008-04-22
reply to MxxCon
said by MxxCon:

You can enable debug/signal information on your box and see bitrate a given channel gets.

How is this possible?