spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

skuarecom

@rrd.com
reply to skuarecom

Re: [ARIZONA] Any other (former) Deru.com users?

Follow-up: three hours after receiving the invoice (which I refused), I received a receipt for payment charged to my VISA. Checked the bank, and the charges are indeed pending. I replied again to billing at deru.net and got a trouble ticket assigned to my issue.

BearAZ

join:2003-04-24
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·Deru Internet
reply to BearAZ
Which brings up the question: what entity is handling billing for deru.com and do they even know that Deru Inc. no longer exists?

I wonder what would happen if I asked for a refund, since I paid them, back in June, for an entire year. (Yeh, I know :-( )

skuarecom

@rrd.com
If I discover anything on the finance end of all this, I will share with the forum here.

Jeffrey
info ~at~ skuare.com

BearAZ

Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·Deru Internet
reply to BearAZ
I did end up, yesterday, emailing deru billing and asking for a refund for the unused portion of the year I paid for.

Not a peep yet. Nor did the email bounce. (The deru mail/ftp servers do seem to be up again, though the website is gone.)

Is it possible that the invoices some of you received are automated? I can't imagine a human actually doing it at this point, unless they're working for free ... and then, to what end?

Jamal

@cheetahmail.com
I have experienced that same thing as all of you guys. This is terrible. I just want to take my domain name to another host, but when I go to register.com to see if it's been freed up, it hasn't. How can I take ownership of my domain name?

av

@qwest.net
Contact Tucows.com and tell them of your plight with Deru. They're aware of it already.

BearAZ

Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·Deru Internet
reply to BearAZ
Is there some sort of legal action that would be appropriate here? Filing a report with some sort of official entity?

I did obtain a form from the Att'y General's office, but never sent it back since Deru, as a corporation, was dissolved a couple months ago. And, if I understood correctly, there is no regulation or governance of ISPs here.

Perhaps someone else knows more about these sorts of things and can comment further or make suggestions.

BearAZ

Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·Deru Internet

1 edit
reply to BearAZ
At one time, I'd have been more concerned about the ethics of posting someone's phone number in a public forum, or would have considered it going too far.

I have turned up a number for Eric Kearney, former co-founder of Deru.com, in my saved emails. I had honestly lost track of the number, and not remembered that he'd included it in one of our many emails back and forth. FWIW, he never indicated that it was private or unlisted.

In the single conversation I had with him at this number (which was still stored on my phone at that time), right after Deru went black on 10/9, I found out that he'd bailed on them in July and was quite unwilling to say much ... other than that he was now working for someone else, and that I should probably find a new ISP. I was being as nice as I could, hoping to ferret out more about what was actually going on.

Perhaps someone else would like to try calling, and see if Eric is still at this number, and if he is willing to provide further insight or advice.

480 529-3608

BearAZ

Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·Deru Internet

1 edit
reply to BearAZ
Deru's website is back up, and now includes the following "News"

"January, 2013
Deru restructures and brings on new executive team."

The following names, two of which are new, appear on the "About" page:

Darin Wayrynen, President, CEO and Co-founder
Stephen Shearin, Vice President of Business Development
Charles Bassett, ESQ, Internal Legal Counsel

They are also once again in "Good Standing" with the AZ Corp Commission after filing the appropriate paperwork/fees...according to the AZCorpComm website.

Has anyone been successful in contacting Deru?