uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

UN is all for a restricted Internet

There are many countries in the UN that support heavy monitoring of the internet. The push is on from police and spy agencies from all countries to remove once and for all, anonymity on the Internet. The UN will aid and abet that goal. This trend is inevitable - even if it takes years to make it happen.
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA
No only remove anonymity, but punish people who violate the laws of countries even if said people aren't in that country. Post a photo of your wife driving the car by herself? Get charged with a heinous crime in Saudi Arabia. If this goes through (though how they'd implement this, I have no idea), the Internet would become as free as the most restrictive country. (i.e. Not free whatsoever.) If we get to that point, would the last one off the Internet kindly turn off the lights?
--
-Jason Levine

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
Does it say that in the report or somewhere else? I would love to read it, but sadly I don't have enough time to read it before class starts.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to FFH5
Inevitable?? I wouldn't go that far. Granted there are those that would love for that to happen but that doesn't mean it's definite. I don't even think it would be technologically feasible unless you implant RFID chips in everyone; even then, it would be hackable. You have to consider the expense and the justification. Considering we have so many other anonymous 'venues', I see little point. For instance, what about all those anonymous blue boxes that I can drop a letter into and have a message delivered to anyone... should those be eliminated also? I agree there are those that want ALL anonymity eliminated but I don't see it happening... ever.