All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Hopkins4
join:2012-10-25

Hopkins4

[Exede] Outage Info/Top Secret

I am finally back up after being down for 12+ hours. I could get intermittent service for internet a couple of a minutes at a time. I got dial tone for magic jack 75% of the 12+ hours I was down. Any ideas as to why.
I wish Viasat would come clean on outages and not leave subscribers in the dark about outages.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

Exede is a brand new system...it takes time to work thru glitches.

I heard yesterday, a DNS server was not fit for duty, but if you used numerical IP number, no issue.

Hence, as your backup plan, get your Google's URL in its numerical format (173.194.33.7). And some DNS Query Lookup database in numerical format (208.82.183.220). Save both as an URL.

Also, one can get Opera browser, and engage Turbo mode, which is in a proxy mode. Then surf internet if their DNS server shoots craps.

Cop2
@direcway.com

Cop2

Anon

Are you saying Exede has no Idea of how to manage a DNS server?

LMAO.....
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to DrStrangLov

Premium Member

to DrStrangLov
Or you could just tell your computer to use 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server and then not worry about it. Or just setup your own DNS server. It's pretty easy to do.
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan

said by silbaco:

Or you could just tell your computer to use 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server and then not worry about it. Or just setup your own DNS server. It's pretty easy to do.

The Exede system ignores any third party DNS settings you set in your router or computer. Their DNS servers are automatically used as part of the acceleration software.