Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

catbrat90

join:2007-08-10
Cincinnati, OH
reply to catbrat90

Cancelled Service

The tech that came out tried to tell me losing packets when running a ping test was normal and that my speeds jumping around when testing at highspeed.zoomtown.com and or at speedtest.net was normal. That is not normal for me to lose packets or for my speed to jump around. They said they could try to switch me out to a different part of the node. Before he could do that he would need to call his supervisor and that he would call me back within an hour no call back. I called Cincinnati Bell support they looked up the ticket it was marked fixed and completed the tech lied. He had no intention of comming back to fix the problem. Then the person at the call center would do nothing but notate the account and to notate for someone to call me. As I expected no call back. I called Time Warner Cable they got me a cheaper package with all three of their services. At least their call centers are in america and you have recourse for any problems. Cincinnati Bell their is no recourse because their is no tech call centers in america all in philippines. Beware do not do any Bussiness with Cincinnati Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
I'm curious why you chose to switch to CBT from TWC, because judging by your review of TWC (this one: »Review of old twc by catbrat90 ) you were satisfied with their service. Did you move? If so why didn't you just use their services again? Why did you opt for slower, problem-prone DSL instead of cable in that situation? It doesn't make a lot of sense. Now you flip-flopped again.
--
Photos By Greg Strong

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
reply to catbrat90
I doubt that the 10 Mbps service was via the new FTTN node. If you keep checking your address online you will see true FTTN offerings appear within a few weeks. If the node is 500' from you the service offerings should include 30/5 internet service.

The TWC service is fairly good even though they still have a lot of older infrastructure in the Cincinnati area. One disadvantage of TWC is that they are so dependent on line power. Cincinnati Bell's service does tend to do a better job of riding out storms!

catbrat90

join:2007-08-10
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit
reply to DeathK
Yes I did switch to Cincinnati Bell because of an offer I received in the mail that was cheaper. I did not experience any packet loss or inconsistent download speed until they installed and switched me over to the new FTTN Cabinet. The Cincinnati Bell Tech's that came to my house confirmed that I am on FTTN. I did not start having these problems until they changed the lines into the FTTN Cabinet. Cincinnati Bells acting like losing packets and my download speed going all over the place is normal that is why I am switching back. I also found out no more tech support in United States I was not aware of that when I signed up for them either. I found this out when I had to call in for support. At least Time Warner Cable was able to get me new customer pricing

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
If the node is 500 feet from you then if it was fully provisioned for FTTN the web site would have offered you 30/5 service and Fioptics TV. Try checking your address over the next few weeks and you will see what I mean.