uniqs
shivan88
join:2010-04-07
Waterloo, IA

shivan88 to mettachain

to mettachain

Re: Reputation Changes Incoming

said by mettachain:

I'm glad you're enjoying Farmville and Pokemon. I'm glad you're enjoying being super casual and LFR is the only "raiding" you see.

You're a new player. I'm glad you like all the options. I'm glad you're cool with how slow and "rewarded" you feel when you get ONE piece of gear from rep + VP purchases. You don't worry about "on the edge" progression.

Harder, veteran raiders like to see those progress numbers on WoL and wowprogress. We like to get Ranked. We like our guild to be #1 World/ #1 Region/ #1 Realm. The current setup sucks ass for VP/JP.

Shut up and color is not an option. Either things change or money is lost. And there's both of that happening however money is being lost faster than changes can accomodate.

So the MOP rep grind is what is keeping you from being "on the edge"?
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

I enjoy reading most of the time on these forums. when someone has an opinion, it can keep it lively and entertaining, but lighten up a lil please on the personal attacks would be much kinder. 1v1 is fine, but geez you guys, ganging up is just a bit extreme
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

1 edit

cigtyme

He came to a WoW forum and said it was crap. He will get ganged up on.

Dailies- Too Elite
Crafted Gear- Too Elite
Heroics- Too Elite
LFR- Too Elite
Valor/Justice Gear- To Elite

I know the problem, you are too good for this game. Maybe play advanced Sudoku or maybe some Japanese Escape the room games.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

1 edit

McBrain to Jodokast

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

when someone has an opinion, it can keep it lively and entertaining

I countered his opinion with mine...not sure what's wrong with that.

A spade is a spade, and for the most part Metta's full of crap and blows smoke up people's rears by making himself out to be some elitist world first type player, quick to make personal attacks and call people out with little to no respect...obviously you aren't too familiar with his posting history. There are a few guys who troll here purposely on occasion, Archivis and Snuffbox to name a couple. But, very rarely if ever will you see them make unwarranted claims of greatness while attacking someone else's credibility or making assumptions about their experiences. I've seem him post doezens of posts like this, and as one of the more veteran posters on the forum, I feel like it's my place to keep people like him in check...I really think Mike has better things to do than worry about Mettachain being an asshat in the Rep thread.

All I did was ask him to prove himself. If he does, then I'm the douchebag, and if he doesn't...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

He needs to work on his panther.
it would have been very handy last night.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to cigtyme

to cigtyme
Holy shit. If the factions gave out rep for whining, some of you wouldn't need a tabard or a rep boost. Man up. If you don't like it, don't play it. Save the rest of us from listening to your childish pissing and moaning.

Having said that, I'll revert back to my originally planned response before reading pages 2 and 3 of this thread. My two cents on rep/gear is that it SHOULD be hard to get the best stuff. That's one of the tenets of RPGs. A game that you logged into with the best equipment and went on some raids would be a game with no life expectancy.

Just like in real life, there should only be a small number of people/factions that can craft the truly epic equipment. They can do so because it is more than just knowing the recipe, it is about a combination of honing their skills and having an innate talent for doing so. And if it was the cliche elite Japanese sword maker (think Kill Bill), they aren't going to hand out their goods for any dumb ass that walks in their door. You have to earn it through respect (rep). The current rep system is tiered and you can get certain levels of equip at each tier. That is good. Where I'd tweak it is to ramp the difficulty of getting the rep with each tier rather than just have to keep doing the same quests over and over again. Maybe start off with some dailies that have you do some easy hack/slash or gathering, but start upping it to having to go into dungeons (5-mans) to get the next level. 10 man raids for the next level and 25 man raids for the legendary stuff (which it somewhat follows this model today but I believe the reps could be better entwined into this system). Hell, if you want the absolutely best weapon of the game, put it on one mob that is right out in the open Azeroth fields that anyone can step to. But to have a chance to bring it down, you'd better recruit 30 others to help you. And have the drop rate be 100% for the item. Guaranteed there wouldn't be many people walking around with one, especially on a PVP server, unless people started to learn to work together (as it should be).
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

why is this directed at me????

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I partly agree.

If I were to rework it then the dailies would ramp up in difficulty with each tier, kinda like golden lotus but in more interesting ways.

Blizz claimed that dailies are for "PEOPLE WHO NEVER RAID" ok LOL @ Blizz for saying that.

but maybe put in some optional bosses in the heroic dungeons that people would get dailies to kill and have those kills worth alot more rep than dailies.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
said by cigtyme:

why is this directed at me????

I assume he failed at posting, someone break out the how to post on DSLR flow chart.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Ha. My bad. Clicked the wrong button.
wabisuke
join:2007-01-23
Philippines

wabisuke to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

If I were to rework it then the dailies would ramp up in difficulty with each tier, kinda like golden lotus but in more interesting ways.

Not sure if unlocking Shadowpan/August counts as the next tier, but the mobs there hit hard(er).

I can pull around 10 mobs in the Vale with no sweat and will end up at full or close to HP after. In Townlong, i pull > 5 and i end up using most of my CD's

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
You are bad and you should feel bad.

I am doing the dailies for three main reasons, I know the thread is about the rep but bear with me:

* Coins for extra loot: This feature is awesome for us that run LFR and Sha for when having issues with drops in raids, I've gotten at least 3 pieces by using these.

* Valor Points: All these dailies add up at the end of the week so I only need to run one heroic per day to cap on valor.

* Money: I suck at playing the AH and Professions so I've always been broke with all the gems, enchants that are needed to raid, at least now I can see the money building up nice and steady.

And on top of that I can see the reputation building up week after week, I've been saving my VP's for the better rewards or until I get capped.

The reputation is not required for you to enjoy the other parts of the game, it really sucks to have reps gated with other reps (AC, SP) but I believe that it will be fixed somehow on the next patch.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to wabisuke

Premium Member

to wabisuke
Ya I don't like Townlong ether, and then you're getting rep for another faction so I wouldn't call it GL progress.

but last night I teamed up with a guild tank and he'd pull a whole bunch and I'd dps em down, went so fast.

and on days that Shado-pan and August ar in the same zone its handy to get the Shado-pan NPC and then do august dailies.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

Yeah, tag-teaming the Shado-pan dailies is recommended. Haven't found the August Celestial ones to be that tough. When it's White Tiger it's easy since all the targets are shared kills. I think there was one I didn't even get a chance to hit, but I was in the room, so I got credit.

That Torch of Strength one - man, that's a pain in the ass....unless you're a monk with the Zen Flight glyph.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya that touch one I gave up on last night.

I was thinking about trying to get a lock to summon me to the end of it but I had already logged and abandoned the quest.

and I tried having immer lifegrip me, just not enough range, I could get past the bridge but then couldn't get a good enough view of the tornadoes to plan a path and timing.

and we tried a 2seater, nope that puts it out.

you think the lock idea might work?
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to stonhinge

Premium Member

to stonhinge
Oh BTW the ox ones can be real easy, when he's running around (he isn't always) just be sure you're in his path and have the mobs taged, he'll kill all of them in his path.

that's a good OX.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Ya that touch one I gave up on last night.

Next time, I'll respec into angelic feather and we'll place it on the ground where you need the run boost. Does blinking put it out?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

no blinking doesn't but if its not planed just right I'll end up to close to a tornado.

me and tier tried it a few times before calling it.

my problem was unlike the other 2 legs of the walk the 3rd one doesn't really have a safe point to plan, you get across the bridge and the tornadoes can come right up to it and put it out and you have to move before the others get back to that end.