Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to Gone

Re: Differences between Teksavvy and Start

said by Gone:

If you ask me, it's the same kind of crap that is along the lines of people who assume anyone they talk to with a South Asian accent must be outsourced support from India.

WTF are you talking about? I said the ethnicity (aka "accent") of the person should never EVER be a factor baring a complete failure to communicate in a language. Canada is multicultural, period.

Or to break it down, pretty much the opposite of what you are accusing me of.

Obviously my reference for outsourced call centers was about companies that do send them overseas. How would someone even know if a company outsourced inside Canada?

Anyhoo, don't want to derail the thread anymore than I have.

To the OP,

I've used Teksavvy and now Electronicbox without issue. I think Videotron plays nice in Quebec because my buddy in Ontario is going though a nightmare with his connection (not Teksavvy but another IISP that I can't recall). I hope eventually the incumbants are held more accountable

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by Dunlop:

WTF are you talking about? I said the ethnicity (aka "accent") of the person should never EVER be a factor baring a complete failure to communicate in a language. Canada is multicultural, period.

You made incorrect generalizations about outsourced technical support. I was pointing out how stupid those generalizations were and that believing them to be true is akin to thinking everyone with an accent is from Bangalore.

Understand now?