share rss forum feed

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to armed

Re: Guilford Co. voters say ballot cast for Romney came up Obama

said by armed:

Listen, that article was put on this forum to prove that the election process is corrupt (and of course it's the filthy Dems who are doing it... see the tombstone above). A minor glitch in a machine that is caught (if in fact that's what it was... and I don't believe it) is not worth the attention it brings here.

More importantly this thread serves democracy badly by fostering the belief that all voting is a worthless effort because it's all rigged.

Say what? Are you our new authority on the intent of others? Did I miss that election? Because if I did, I demand a recount.

There have been ongoing documented cases of problems with voting machines since they first started being used years ago. That's generally on the companies that sell them and the local officials who run them. Computers of any kind aren't magic boxes, they're only as good as their design, their programming, and their implementation.

Closing your eyes to the facts is the part that doesn't serve democracy. Identify the problem and fix the problem, don't pretend it isn't there because it suits your agenda. Sheesh.

armed

join:2000-10-20
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit

said by goalieskates:

said by armed:

Listen, that article was put on this forum to prove that the election process is corrupt (and of course it's the filthy Dems who are doing it... see the tombstone above). A minor glitch in a machine that is caught (if in fact that's what it was... and I don't believe it) is not worth the attention it brings here.

More importantly this thread serves democracy badly by fostering the belief that all voting is a worthless effort because it's all rigged.

Say what? Are you our new authority on the intent of others? Did I miss that election? Because if I did, I demand a recount.

There have been ongoing documented cases of problems with voting machines since they first started being used years ago. That's generally on the companies that sell them and the local officials who run them. Computers of any kind aren't magic boxes, they're only as good as their design, their programming, and their implementation.

Closing your eyes to the facts is the part that doesn't serve democracy. Identify the problem and fix the problem, don't pretend it isn't there because it suits your agenda. Sheesh.

You can pretend that the reason for posting this issue was to "alert people to the fact that machines do malfunction sometimes." The rest of us know the intent was to reinforce the perception that voting is a worthless act and that the results of this election should be held highly suspect by us all.

There has been problems with the process of voting since the day voting became a process. There is no evidence that the integrity of the voting process has been compromised or made worse since we began the use of machines... unless you pull it out of your ass. I read a lot about how it could be... but no proven facts that machines have undermined the results of any election.

Plus I see you are silent about proven voter fraud and manipulating voter counts when using the ultimately safe paper ballot. That signifies to me that you have an agenda that is served well if you can convince others that machines have somehow stolen our right to vote.

You are proof positive that ignorance easily becomes fact in today's society.

Here's my point... a problem in a voting machine.... assuming there really was one... proves nothing except there was a problem... maybe... in a voter machine. If you want to make that a conspiracy have at it.