Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

[TV] Series recordings not working, it seems

I've got several series recordings set up and they never seem to actually record anything. I set them up based on a particular show (i.e., select show in the guide, hit record, and select the series recording option) so it's not like I'm typing something in that might not be matched.

Is this a known issue or should I contact Cogeco for assistance? Thanks!

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by Styvas:

Is this a known issue or should I contact Cogeco for assistance? Thanks!

I'd call in for troubleshooting. There could be something wrong with the firmware or the tuner itself.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Will do. Thanks.
peterweb
join:2005-10-18
Smiths Falls, ON

peterweb to Styvas

to Styvas
Have you checked to make sure you have not set to record only new episodes? Are the recordings that are missed reruns?

I had that happen this week with the Presidential debates causing networks to show reruns.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

I did have it set that way, but it skipped over them. It's supposed to record them whenever they happen.

jeisenberg
New Year's Eve
join:2001-07-06
Windsor, ON

1 recommendation

jeisenberg

This may sound obvious, but I just want to clarify a few things...

1) Even new shows sometimes carry the word "Repeat" if you didn't catch the first airing of the week. Make sure you've set the recorder to capture New and Repeat episodes

2) Sometimes, a show will be skipped because it has a lower priority than another show being set to record. You can verify whether this is a problem by looking at the list of Upcoming Recordings and verifying the record symbol shows a full red circle (and not a circle outline with a stroke through it)

3) I have had occasion where I set a recording for a station I am not authorized to receive. Try tuning to the station you wish to record from to verify there is actually a signal available

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
Step 1: Unplug DCT, wait a few mins and plug back in.

Step 2: See if the Series recording works....Its tough to say how often this should happen, but its just possible its a fluke in regards to the Series recording not picking up...

Just my thoughts.
Ryan
smaraj
join:2012-06-29
Milton, ON

smaraj to Styvas

to Styvas
I have a pace PVR that does not allow series recording. It can record shows if I press record. But series recording List remands empty. Back in May when firmware was updated, it wiped out all my series that were setup. Tech support has not been able to help. What are my options? Thanks

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Since this got bumped, I might as well put in my own update. I finally had the time to call Cogeco on the weekend. They sent some kind of update or reset signal of some sort that the tech was optimistic will work. I'm to monitor it for a few days and see it it fixed the problem or not. If not, I'll need to call them back.

VincentC
@wednet.on.ca

VincentC to Styvas

Anon

to Styvas
I've been having issues with series recording lately as well. I have a series recording setup for 2 Broke Girls and my PVR has not recorded the past two episodes. It may be partly due to the US election (debates and actual election night) and Hurricane Sandy, causing the networks to preempt shows, but I record most of my shows using the west coast feeds. But I believe there is a guide issue, and that usually means that Cogeco will do nothing but shrug its shoulders and point at the third-party aka the guide data provider.