C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

[HD] Will Comcast Ever Add HD for MLB/NHL/NBA Packages?

With the launch this week of 5 HD channels for NBA League Pass, Verizon FIOS TV now carries 5 HD's for MLB Extra Innings / NHL Center Ice, as well as the NBA package. That's 10 HD channels for those InDemand packages.

Meanwhile, Comcast in my area carries ZERO. Just another mystery question on why they are sitting on all of this bandwidth...
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

$$$

They most certainly would need to be the sports leagues extra to carry HD, and hope enough users will watch it to make it worth it.

Also, even though they may have alot of bandwidth by dropping analogs, they may also have to buy new equipment, as some of them may not be compatible or 'clean' enough for digital.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

other systems that have all the indemand stuff have SDV.

But comcast did say a few years ago that they wanted sunday ticket and I don think they where willing to make that be SD only.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
reply to JeepMatt

Anyone who gets the MLB Extra Innings package is a first class dumbass. Just get a Roku box and get the MLB.TV Internet package. Half the price, and you can take it with you on your phone. Oh, and the games are HD too, in 1080.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

co

@comcast.net
reply to JeepMatt

It's a shame because every year I would be interested in getting the MLB, NBA and NHL package, but there is no way I am plunking down money to watch these games in SD! Does Comcast even understand that this is 2012, and fans want to watch 100% of their sports in HD?

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

The online packages are going to make these irrelevant. Comcast doesn't have a chance of offering these, IMO, considering their latest decisions regarding HD.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

I want NFL sunday ticket and I will be a comcast customer for life.