how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IONEX

join:2001-12-09
Austin, TX

sales call on my cell

I just got a sales call from charter on my cell from a DC number! It is one thing to call a customer you already have thinking they aren't a customer and trying to get them to sign up but to do it on my cell as well takes the cake...

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
I just got two calls from them on my cell - a recorded announcement says "You are being contacted by your cable company" (it doesn't even say Charter). I didn't stick around for the rest.
I have asked them before to not call me on my cell.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
If you tell them to take you off their list, they are, by law, required to. At least I think that still applies, even if you are a current customer.

What's so surprising about getting a sales call on your cell phone? You must've given them that number at sometime. Eventually, you will be getting junk calls as much as anyone with a landline/listed number does too.

I've only ever gotten a couple junk calls on my cell, but not any from Charter, yet!! Haven't ever given them my cell number either though.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

IONEX

Austin, TX
I am not the one listed on my bill, so I don't know how they got my cell. I am close to going over my minutes for the month so just hung up as quickly as possible...

IONEX

Austin, TX
They just called again! 2 days in a row! At least I recognized the number and sent the call to voicemail...

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
reply to IONEX
They will keep calling until you speak with them and tell them otherwise.

After telling them several times, I had to be a bit rude. But the calls stopped.

--
Google is your Friend

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
reply to IONEX
For Charter.. apply here: »connect.charter.com/cas/portal/s···acy.aspx

This should also work for nunya See Profile as well..
This may take while to go into effect- but it should stop the calls. When I last had Charter, even when I had asked them to stop calling, they wouldn't bother to update the computer..

gbondy

join:2002-11-22
Edwardsville, IL
reply to IONEX
The folks in the CharterDirect forum can take care of it. I had the same issue a couple years back and it was resolved.