Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
reply to SuperNet9

Re: How do I extend the dryer vent outside?

said by SuperNet9:

Thanks, the question is... how do i take off the old one?

Unscrew the vent grille, then simply pull on the tube.
It shouldn't be glued or nailed down.

If it can't move, then buy a shorter piece of the tube and add it to the side where it's too short, and try to get some aluminum tape where the new tube meets the old tube.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:5
said by alkizmo:

said by SuperNet9:

If it can't move, then buy a shorter piece of the tube and add it to the side where it's too short, and try to get some aluminum tape where the new tube meets the old tube.

Thanks, how should I hold up the other tube so it doesn't fall into the wall?
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
The tube should go through the wall. Can you post a pic from the inside and a larger pic from outside (so we can see not only vent, but wall around it.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:5
said by robbin:

The tube should go through the wall. Can you post a pic from the inside and a larger pic from outside (so we can see not only vent, but wall around it.

Can't show inside wall since I can't get access to it from inside the wall.. i would have to cut the dry wall
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

Jtmo
Premium
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA
reply to SuperNet9

Thanks, how should I hold up the other tube so it doesn't fall into the wall?

Two people one inside and one outside. You will have to open the inside wall or ceiling to make the connection and seal it up with Vent tape. The fact that you did not post an inside picture suggests you do not have access to the inside yet.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3
reply to SuperNet9

Cut the drywall? Where does the dryer vent tube run now after it leaves the dryer? And if you can't access the tube now, how do you know it is too short?

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
reply to SuperNet9
You need to give us a better description of where the tube goes. Normally they go through the wall. It sounds like yours stays in the wall for a distance. If so and you need to replace the tube so it is longer then you are going to have to cut the drywall so you have access.

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI
reply to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

said by SuperNet9:

And make sure you wear gloves.