spc
Search similar:

uniqs
user00265
join:2004-11-15
Chatfield, MN

user00265

[MN] Own Modem?

I currently have a modem provided by MediaCom... its a Cisco DP3825. Frankly, this device is nothing like a real Cisco product, not even the management interface. I need to reset it every week and sometimes more often than that, not to mention that connecting to my work VPN has been impossible only from here (it works even at Burger King WiFi), last time I got it to work I had to fully reset the modem (now I have static internal IP settings that cost a while to track down and port forwards unrelated to VPN -- those were changed/added and VPN was working properly for weeks, but then it stopped working on its own), which is not a viable option for me.

Right now, I am asking if I can give that doorstop back, stop getting charged for the modem and the "home network" package... whatever that is... and use an actual modem like my Motorola SB5101U or my RCA DCM425? Hell, if I need DOCSIS 3 (which is pointless since my package is literally the limit of DOCSIS 2, I don't even get any advantage of a DOCSIS 3 modem, since it only uses one channel even), I'll buy a Motorola SB6120, but I refuse to use devices which cause me more headaches than actual good use of it.

I've heard good things about MediacomChad, so I hope to at least get some answers other than the run-around by their... "Customer Support" departments (they are a joke).

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

MediacomChad See Profile

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to user00265

Premium Member

to user00265
Send me an IM with your account or phone number and I will be happy to look into this for you.