spc
uniqs

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88 to grohgreg

Anon

to grohgreg

Re: GEN4 Equipment

grohgreg, please, go ahead and highly detail how you would have installed my dish to have met local building/zoning codes for my area, and standard install codes?
Kaosfury
join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Kaosfury

there is no code, please. in fact, that looks like a trip hazard.

proper install, wire goes down pole... buried under gound, and up the wall.

if there is a code, copy paste bud, i love to learn, when given direct proof of fact.

im not trying to fight with you, i just found it odd that it was done that way, i know if i got QC'd by my supervisor, he would call me on it, and ask for a explination.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to C0RR0SIVE88

to C0RR0SIVE88
Don't be facetious, it's impossible to detail an installation based upon one crappy photo. But it doesn't take a genius to understand and apply NEC to any given situation.

//greg//

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer to Kaosfury

Premium Member

to Kaosfury
I don't see a ground wire from the installation or a proper ground post to attach it to! I'd be very careful when the next electrical storm hits - and also be cautious of static buildup in the wiring. Is it even grounded to the house ground next to the utility panel?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

Look at the two horizontal black lines on the pole, and the red spot sticking out to the left of the lower line. What that strongly suggests is that - whoever installed this mess - strapped the coaxial ground block to the pole with a couple of cable ties. If true, it supports further suspicion that the idiot assumes contact between the block and the pipe constitutes an acceptable ground.

//greg//