Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to MJB

Re: How Long Till Canada Gets A Copyright Alert System

Here's the funny part, it'll just drive further underground. When I was a kid we used to meet in person and swap diskettes.

I can go down to my local metro, rent a blu ray movie for 2 bucks, bring it home, where I have the "tools" to copy/rip the disc.

Cutting off my Internet is going to SFA but make it a little more inconvenient.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

cpsycho

join:2008-06-03
HarperLand
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by elwoodblues:

Here's the funny part, it'll just drive further underground. When I was a kid we used to meet in person and swap diskettes.

I can go down to my local metro, rent a blu ray movie for 2 bucks, bring it home, where I have the "tools" to copy/rip the disc.

Cutting off my Internet is going to SFA but make it a little more inconvenient.

Back in my early 20's it was ftp, building trust between two people and getting ftp access. Good luck in tracking that. Also there is vpn, setup a vpn between you and your friends and that would be un trackable then as well.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
When I was a kid we had AE Lines over the phone.

The first time I spent any amount of time transferring files, I got a whopper of a LD phone bill (my own line in my room) from Ma Bell.