uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to JB

Re: [MoP] 5.1 PTR Patch Notes

said by JB:

Wait, so LFR doesn't mean looking for retribution paladins.(You get the point) Damn, I was wrong all along.

/fixed.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
It's funny you say that, our ret pally is .... special.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to JB
said by JB:

Wait, so LFR doesn't mean looking for ret.....s.(You get the point) Damn, I was wrong all along.

What you mean its not Looking For Random bad ways to kill a boss?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to JB
said by JB:

It's funny you say that, our ret pally is .... special.

I thought being...special was a prerequisite for being a Ret Pally.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

1 recommendation

It does usually mean you can't heal or tank

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

This week on LFR part 2 3rd boss, me, immer, tier, sanc, tossed in the towel.

is it really so hard to kill the adds so they don't rape the healers?

the melee won't kill adds for anything, and there was a warlock doing about 45k because he was only attacking the bosses.

Sounds like the LFR I was in last night. We wiped a total of 5 times (once because someone accidentally started the fight early, and another because someone intentionally started the fight early, hollered out an FU and left). Anyhow, the original strategy was dps on adds, bring them down fast and don't worry about the bosses. The end strategy that was provided was melee dps bring down adds, ranged dps stay on bosses. Having said that, I'm a 'lock and I disregarded the strategy anyhow because the melee weren't bringing down the adds fast enough so I chipped in. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
That doesn't sound like the group I was in.

my group wiped server al times and it stat we put in chat was all DPS on adds if adds are clear then you can DPS the bosses.

there was a lock that just stuck to the bosses.

and melee didn't want to touch the adds.

and most of the ranged didn't ether.

I'd frost nova the focused adds (BTW ring of frost didn't appear to work)

and I was stuck running and dps'ing the whole time, barely got a chance without adds to toss dps at the bosses.

then tanks would lose aggro or get hit by to many attacks and healers would get interrupted.

the best one was a 2% wipe.

and the lock that was top dps (at 45k) because he, like immer said, didn't touch the adds, was also spamming rather foul emotes.

We actually have sanc in tank spec because he want tank gear though qued as healer, so we had 3 tanks and still the adds got to the healers.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

The end strategy that was provided was melee dps bring down adds, ranged dps stay on bosses. Having said that, I'm a 'lock and I disregarded the strategy anyhow because the melee weren't bringing down the adds fast enough so I chipped in. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

If you were melee heavy, I could see going with that strat. However, 2 of the adds (Strength and Rage) mechanic's put melee at considerably greater risk than ranged. It's just easier for ranged to kite and avoid the revitalizing strike.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
the strike is always in front of it so melee can be behind while ranged pull the aggro.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to DarkLogix
For the record, the adds are not meant to be tanked by actual tanks.

Rage fixates on a random raid member, but they're weak and CCable.
Strength has a normal aggro table, but a ranged should have the threat, due to constant PBAOE.
Courage fixates on a far tank, but can only be attacked from behind.

So I'd put melee on Courage, Ranged on Strength, and everyone on Rage when those are dead. THEN the bosses.

EDIT: note: I refuse to do LFR because I can't get in with a tank spec even when queued with a healer. I suppose I can farm DPS gear at some point. And no, I'm not going to DPS in tank spec. I'm not that desparate.

EDIT: made my strat sentence non-retarded.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Nick D:

So I'd put melee on Courage, Ranged on Strength, and everyone else on Rage. THEN the bosses.

I like it.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Jobbie
incoming Avatar nerf

no longer grants immunity to cc and no longer generates rage, 24 sec up time to 20% increased damage. releases you from existing roots or snares.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Nick D
BTW on rages some things I noticed.

1. dragon's breath change the fixate target.

2. it is possible to aggro one but if it takes that long for it to die then the group is bad. (think of their fixate as if the one that's fixated just used a super insane taunt)

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

incoming Avatar nerf

no longer generates rage

less angry: screw you blizzard

C'mon, at least for prot? Please?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
ya its stirred up quite a shit storm on forums everywhere, plus the whole BB vs Avatar being better debate is in full rage again.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
said by cymraeg:

full rage again.

or not

It means I get to take Stormbolt, I guess :\ I never really liked Conc Blow, and a ranged one is even worse. "Hey caster stop casting and get... oh wait, still stunned".

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
lol thats how i saw it as well, gag order works better so i never considered SB

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB
said by JB:

said by Braincramp:

Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.
^^^^
This does not make my hunter happy on a pvp server..... I enjoyed being unccable during BW

Good God man, are you seriously going to complain about BM hunters??? LOL, get a clue.

I was not complaining, I merely said I liked something they are nerfing, I understand that it was completely OP and should have been fixed for PvP balance... just pointing at it and being sad that all the ganking that happens on Kil'jaeden I enjoyed going God mode for 15 sec. I have no complaints about BM hunters as I have played one since BC and endured all the ups and downs of the class and spec.

I honestly think they should nerf sPriest self heals in PvP and that is my Main toon right now. When you get jumped by someone at 50% health or lower and can kill them and end up close to full health without even leaving Shadow Form it is unbalanced.

So I do have a clue, I just enjoyed it and I am not an avid PvP player, I do not enjoy being ganked. World PvP is fun that is why I play on PvP servers, but at that same time getting face raped by someone 4+ levels higher than you, just to stroke their epeen is not the way I enjoy playing.
--
Machiavellian (Shadow Priest) Pride and Ego, Nathrezim(US)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
BTW as for when 5.1 will hit lets look at what we know is in it and what is in the current patch.

5.1 next step of the legendary quest chain, grind black prince to revered.

5.0 has the collect 10 of item a and 10 of item b
item B only dropps off the last boss in HoF

so the legendary quest that we all have can't be completed till HoF is open for a minimum of 7 weeks, and that's with a full clear of reg week 1 and a full clear of HoF LFR part 2 every week, and A TON of luck with it dropping every-time.

So does anyone honestly think that they'll add in the next phase of the quest before the current one could even be completed?

Skittles
Premium
said by DarkLogix:

So does anyone honestly think that they'll add in the next phase of the quest before the current one could even be completed?

Do I think Blizzard would do something that makes little to no sense?

wait for it....

yes.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Skittles:

said by DarkLogix:

wait for it....

yes.

If they do it'll mean even the most hardcore raiders won't be able to even start something that was added for more likely 12+ weeks after they put it in.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by DarkLogix:

wait for it....

yes.

What would it really matter if they did?
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
It'd mean adding a bumch of content that no one could even access for about 7 weeks min (more likely 20+)

you've seen the drop rate on the sigils, think same rate but on only one boss of a raid, the last one in HoF.

sure in 3 weeks when HoF LFR part 2 opens that would open it to 2 drop chances per week, and you need 10 of it.

if 5.1 hits before dec2012 then Blizz is just coming at us way to fast.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
My point is... it wouldn't matter. Try not to get so worked up over what you cannot control or even participate in.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Also it'll mean even more dailies, lots more that must be done, daily.

Skittles
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to Immer
said by Immer:

.Try not to get so worked up over what you cannot control or even participate in.

sound advice for all of life

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Jobbie
Does anyone know if a new tier/ raid is being introduced in 5.1? If not then it doesnt rly matter how fast it comes out.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Doesn't look like it.

and if they did then that would be a major cluster ***, with raids not yet open that are in 5.0.

xenograffiti

@unt.edu
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Also it'll mean even more dailies, lots more that must be done, daily.

You don't have to do it all..

Am I the only one who actually likes that there's more to do that I can get to? Why people want Blizzard to spoon-feed them content is beyond me.