spc
uniqs
Dillinja
join:2011-10-01
UK

Dillinja to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Playing WoW at work question....

Jezz man does it really matter to you want I do at work? I never asked you "am I allowed to play it"....

I wanted some feedback regarding the connectivity of 3G and the data allowance.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

And all i want to know is if the blunt side of a shovel can apply enough force to the side of the head to cause loss of consciousness, and how much weight around the feet would cause a person to sink in a body of water. Stop asking questions!

Seriously, 40-50 hours a month? That's a long lunch hour for 20 workdays.

Can't say you weren't warned about the "should" despite the "can."
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

Thanks for your help.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

1 recommendation

JoelC707 to Dillinja

Premium Member

to Dillinja
The point they're trying to make to you is that if your company internet access is restricted then they have done so for a reason. That reason is likely only known to IT and the upper management but it could be something as serious as a compliance issue to keep confidential data secure. If that's the case then you're probably going to be out on your ass when the wrong person sees you with a laptop playing wow. If it's just to keep employee productivity up or control bandwidth usage then you have nothing to worry about because I assume you would only be doing this off the clock. The thing is you probably don't know why this policy is in place.

Have you even asked about whether personal devices are allowed? Just because your smart phone is allowed doesn't mean your laptop with a 3G card will be allowed. If you haven't done this then you're putting the safety of your job at risk. Forgive us for trying to point out where you could be risking losing your job. I thought that was the friendly thing to do but that seems to be escaping you. Since you seem to insist on this, yes that 3g card will work as you've been told numerous times in this thread.
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

Yeah personal devices are allowed......

Thanks for the info.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Dillinja:

Thanks for the info.

Nothing to see here.

Move on people.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Dillinja

Premium Member

to Dillinja
said by Dillinja:

Thanks for the info.

cool. With that said, I see no reason why that aircard and connection couldn't work out okay for farming and low-key questing.

most of us where just projecting our work environment/situations onto yours... it was all with the best of intentions, even if the delivery was awkward.
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

With being one of the first line managers on the night shift there I can take my breaks in empty meeting rooms when everyone else is working....the beauty of being a team leader.

I do understand the warnings you guys have mentioned and its appreicated.

Immer - thanks for that, I just need more time to farm etc as I'm falling behind the guys in my guild.