uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

reply to technocar2

Re: Rogers Higher Uploads: May never get here

Regardless of everything else said on here, I would just be happy if Rogers would provide a decent D3 modem instead of the garbage they are now pawning off on their customers! You can go after each all you want and talk about the Rogers network and upgrades they may be doing but all I want is a f---ing decent stand alone D3 modem.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2

said by Hooter:

Regardless of everything else said on here, I would just be happy if Rogers would provide a decent D3 modem instead of the garbage they are now pawning off on their customers! You can go after each all you want and talk about the Rogers network and upgrades they may be doing but all I want is a f---ing decent stand alone D3 modem.

lol...thread hijack.

Anyway on the combo modem issue I definitely criticize rogers like there is no tomorrow. They should have the decency to offer normal modems but that's rogers for you eh?

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

The issue of D2 and D3 modems has been raised in this thread. So I do not really consider that I am hijacking the thread!

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to elitefx

I'd be a-okay with crappy speeds if this damned company spent some money on the Blue Jays. On topic of Rogers, are they in bad as a financial shape that some claim? Like, they're making profit but they have a crap load of debt.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

said by J E F F:

On topic of Rogers, are they in bad as a financial shape that some claim? Like, they're making profit but they have a crap load of debt.

Making money and how much debt one carries are MUTUALLY exclusive.

You can make a boatload of money AND You can have a BOATLOAD of DEBT .... the relationship is important from the following perspective:

How PERSISTENT is the CASH FLOW positive and can THAT cash flow service the DEBT without damaging operations.

What is dangerous is when DEBT levels cannot be sustained due to eroding profit margins and declining cash flow. [this one sentence has a lot of stuff I will not go into because I do not want to spend the time educating you on how BUSINESS works].

SO far Rogers seems to be able to sustain their VERY heavy debt levels due to their very positive cash flow and strong profit margins that are consistent. When profit margins start to slip and show persistent weakness THE LENDERS become very nervous and tighten their conditions on how the company operates.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business