dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

2 edits

dabonz7

Rogers High Speed Internet Issues

Rogers High Speed
Hi Guy's,

You Know since SAT I'm have been having issues dis-connecting 30min to 45 minutes on Mirc this has never happened before I'm always logged on 24/7 yeah at times I ping out but that's normal the odd time but anyways I phone Rogers Best and the get me to power off my router and boot it bck up and if its still persists plug the Router cord Directly into the wall outlet and I did that and its still disconnecting off Mirc so I call them Again and then they tell me its my SMG router so they tell me to go get the New improved Router HITRON CGN2-ROG and I hook it up and instead of Disconnecting from Mirc 30min to 45 min its now disconnects every 1.5 hour and my Yahoo Messenger also ... I cant even upload Small Video Size on FB
or I dis-connect never had a problem before in the past the Rogers Guy Trying to give a run down on if I upload and surf the net its going to take a stress on my connection listen Bozo I never had a problem before yes I know when you upload its a Little slower but hey its never done that in the past ...Now i'm disconnecting off the internet and have to reboot my Router to get back on line my LAN is OK. but when I'm off the WAN I have to reboot the router to get bck on the WAN ...I don't know if it has to do with anything with Rogers Phone guy when he came and did something ..but I have never had any problems in the last year in and half ..since this Past SAT...I'm soo fed up with rogers with the amount of money i'm giving them and you get these teckies giving me a speal on how the bandwith works I'm not a novice when its comes to network and Computers but there something not right here...

So now there going to send a rogers service guy to my place
2morrow

So Frustrated with them ..last month I spent 3 calls x 50 minutes with them on cell phone issues and never got the problem fixed

boy my contract finishes in August 2013 and I'm going to really contemplate in Renewing with them

I know a few people that are getting fed up to with rogers I don't mean to badger them but someone got to get there communication Straight

Regards
dabonz

P.S issues >>> »New Rogers HITRON CGN2-ROG -Cant Stay Online

Kalorii
join:2003-01-25
Oshawa, ON

Kalorii

I have an SMG as well and I have been getting the same disconnects. At first I thought it was the modem/router but this has been an ongoing problem for nearly two weeks now. Considering the distance between us, it's clearly not a problem in one specific area, either. Rogers needs to clean up whatever gremlins are in their network and stop making excuses.

Mark11111
@rogers.com

Mark11111

Anon

Ive been getting the same disconnects per hour since friday in ottawa. sometimes Skype and messaging clients all work though the outage, but http: does not. and Other times nothing works at all.
morpheus69
join:2006-04-17
canada

morpheus69 to dabonz7

to dabonz7
I believe it's happening all over. I'm hoping once it stops we will all be on, or have available the faster speeds.
Trentelshark
join:2002-12-11
London, ON

Trentelshark to dabonz7

to dabonz7
I've been having issues in London over the past couple of weeks. It will be rock solid and then out of the blue I lose connectivity for a few minutes, or ping times sky rocket for seemingly no reason.

I was monitoring my network connection and found packet loss in excess of 25% when this happens, but signal strength looked fine and only 1 device (hard wired not wireless) was on the network at the time.

So far being patient to see if it works itself out because there's no pattern to it I can report to Rogers. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

You Believe these bozo's I was suppose to get a Rogers Guy here at my place to figure out whats going wrong with my Internet there were suppose to show up Between 5PM-8PM and its like 7:10pm so I decided to call these bafoons to see what up ..the guy tells me that someone try to call me and i told him that whom ever told you that is a filthy liar cuz my cell phone did not ring once to day except for 1 call ..then he says you're modem seems to be online so whats seems to be the problem what a fooken bozo yeah for the next hour or so

It disconnected 5 times today i had to reboot the router 3 times
Then he tells me I will get 1 week credit for $50..

What a bunch of bozo's there... I tell ya I will be going to bell
what kinda of outfit is that lousy service but I tell ya @ the end of the month they are sure fast enuff of taking my money tho

I will be phoning some type of supervisor this week and tell what fooken lousy service you guys run
Daoud
join:2010-11-23

Daoud to dabonz7

to dabonz7
I have been encountering similar problems for at least a week, several times every hour I lose connectivity for 2-5 minutes. When I try and visit any site with Chrome I get the following error:
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

I have 2 desktops directly connected to an SMC rogers modem. None of the lights on the modem change. This is really frustrating, I've called Rogers 3 times and they've just reset my modem. Doesn't change anything.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

Use Google's DNS then.
»developers.google.com/sp ··· cs/using

Roger's DNS service has always been shoddy tbh.
Daoud

Daoud

This is what I'm getting when I do the suggested tracert for Google's DNS. Should I worry about the timeout?

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 14 ms 8 ms 25 ms 7.48.52.1
3 13 ms 10 ms 11 ms 24.156.158.197
4 17 ms 14 ms 14 ms 24.153.7.5
5 26 ms 25 ms 25 ms 66.185.93.82
6 26 ms 27 ms 31 ms 72.14.216.189
7 27 ms 28 ms 25 ms 209.85.254.120
8 27 ms 26 ms 34 ms 72.14.237.108
9 38 ms 37 ms 36 ms 209.85.241.22
10 36 ms 36 ms 56 ms 216.239.46.191
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 36 ms 37 ms 39 ms 8.8.8.8
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726 to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

Use Google's DNS then.
»developers.google.com/sp ··· cs/using

Roger's DNS service has always been shoddy tbh.

OpenDNS is also your other option:
»www.opendns.com/home-solutions/
Daoud

Daoud

I set my ipv4 to the google DNS, still having the same issue. Should I set my ipv6 as well? Or is this another problem which can't be resolved by 3rd party DNS?
HammerofGawd
join:2012-06-30

HammerofGawd

LMFAO: Rogers is bad enough, sure, but anyone who thinks Bell is the answer is hideously out of touch with reality.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by HammerofGawd:

LMFAO: Rogers is bad enough, sure, but anyone who thinks Bell is the answer is hideously out of touch with reality.

Bell is a NIGHTMARE .... absolutely no comparison. Rogers has some issues as they upgrade their network infrastucture but compared to BELL Rogers is sublime

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by mozerd:

Rogers has some issues as they upgrade their network infrastucture but compared to BELL Rogers is sublime..

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.

Pretty much describes our relationship to Rogers to perfection.......
Daoud

Daoud to dabonz7

to dabonz7
Ok it seems there's a pattern to the disconnects, it's been happening today every hour around 5 minutes to the hour. Is the modem renewing DHCP automatically or something?

ChessHere
@rogers.com

ChessHere to dabonz7

Anon

to dabonz7
yea i just started having the same disconnect issues to - I get disconnected every 30 - 45 minutes. took my SMG router back and got the new Hirtron hoping it would solve the proble. BUT NO it did't. Sure seems to me that it is a larger Rogers issue and has nothing to do with the home routers. BTW I live in the Cambridge area. I wonder if this has anything to do with the internet srever issue Rogers had in September?

Just U Wait
@videotron.ca

Just U Wait to dabonz7

Anon

to dabonz7
said by dabonz7:

What a bunch of bozo's there... I tell ya I will be going to bell

If you think Rogers is a bunch of bozo's wait till you try Bell.

Oh yes, you will get to use stronger language than Bozo once you get Bell. Believe you me

btw, I never did understand that phrase, "believe you me", but just you wait. Oh yes, you will wait, and wait and wait and.. oh wait! Is that a tech coming at your door to install Bell? Nope, its the morgue. You died waiting and stunk up the place. Bell called you on the line they never installed to tell you Bell will be there shortly.