spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jwbales

join:2012-10-25
Waverly, AL

[HN7000S] Does Hughes Net Gen 4 actually exist?

I am an existing Hughes net subscriber and placed an advance order for Gen 4 on Sept. 24, 2012. It was necessary to do this by phone since it was not possible, and is still impossible to order Gen 4 online. When one tries to order Gen 4 online one gets a message saying to call an 866 number to order. When I placed the phone-in order for Gen 4 on Sept. 24 I was told that an installer would contact me within 48 hours to set up an appointment. That didn't happen. I called on Sunday, Sept. 30 to find out what had happened and learned that I did not have an order in the system. I replaced the order at that time. By Oct. 24, I still had not heard from the installer so I called again. I was told there was an unspecified problem and that they were working on it. Today I checked online the status of my order and found that there is still no order in the system for me. I called again and was told they were unable to place my order because of some unspecified problem. I live in Alabama which is in the coverage area. So I am wondering if anyone has actually been upgraded to Gen 4 or if Hughes Net is just blowing smoke.

Expand your moderator at work

PBS

join:2012-10-28
reply to jwbales

Re: [HN7000S] Does Hughes Net Gen 4 actually exist?

Give me a call I can take care of that. Scott, 770-853-8625

jwbales

join:2012-10-25
Waverly, AL

Scott,

The evening after I made this post I received a call from Hughes Net saying that I should hear from an installer by Tuesday (tomorrow). I will wait and see if that happens.

John