spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anon87

@myvzw.com

HomeFusion

Well, 4g finally came to my area and I'm getting HF installed next week..... was VERY close to pulling the trigger on WB or HN, glad I waited.

Going with the 10GB plan and using my phone unlimited hotspot for streaming/xbox/large downloads. Been getting around 10-15mbs per second on my phone but its slightly inconsistant (have to restart connection every now and then). I have two questions though....

1. I'm up for an upgrade, need a good hotspot and the fastest 4g I can get (not sure if it matters between phones)

2. Pardon me if this is just a stupid question..... but will the HomeFusion antenna in any way boost the signal my phone recieves?

Thanks for the help!

purwater
Premium
join:2002-10-25
Bluefield, VA
The Home Fusion antenna won't do anything to affect your phone signal as far as I know, but have you looked into Millenicom? I was waiting on 4G myself to get Home Fusion. I was using Millenicom 3G and I spotted in the Millenicom forum that they were now selling the 4G hotspot with a 20GB cap for $69.95 per month with no contract, fees, or taxes. I'm getting good speeds of 20-25 MB down and 7-12 MB up. The hotspot is $99.99 from them plus activation and shipping and you're still using Verizon's 4G system. The hotspot can be a little buggy so I've ordered a USB modem that I'll swap my sim card into and use in my existing Cradlepoint router. It's still cheaper than the Home Fusion installation. Check out the Millenicom forum and their website as well if it's something you might be interested in. I've used them for over 2 years and so far I've been happy.

ETA: With the hotspot/mifi I still have the option, if I wanted to, put my sim card back into it and take it on the go if needed for mobile service. I'd more than likely use the hotspot on my iPhone 5 for brief periods of time. You also asked about 4G speeds on phones. I've noticed that my friends Galaxy S3 shows a little faster on speed tests than my iPhone 5. He will get an average of around 22 mb down where I'll get 18 mb down. Not a real difference using the phones, but still there's a difference we noticed.

anon87

@myvzw.com
Thanks for the reply, my main beef with the iphone 5 on verizon is that I use my current phone (Thunderbolt) hotspot all the time at home since I still have unlimited. Since the iphone 5 does not have simultaneous data and voice this is a huge problem

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
reply to anon87
Can you post a speedtest on here from your homefusion?

Bob F

@pge.com
Got HomeFusion installed today. Southern Nevada County near Bear River / Wolf Creek confluence.

»speedtest.net/result/2295294142.png

nehmia

join:2012-07-20
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to anon87
How do you like it? How was the install process? Do you ever have interruptions with the HF? I have been with Millenicom for a few months now and the Verizon Signal is great with excellent speeds... but I am so tired of the 4620L constantly disconnecting. A mobile hotspot just isn't up to par for dedicated WWAN connection.

I am going to go sign up for HF and give it a whirl.

purwater
Premium
join:2002-10-25
Bluefield, VA
Nehmia - before you give up on Millenicom give some different equipment a try. I too signed up and got the 4620L and it would have to rebooted quite often to get it back online. I picked up a Pantech UML290 and used it with my Cradlepoint MBR1000 router that was previously used for my 3G connection. Since setting up the new combo my connection has been rock solid. Speeds ranging from 20-24 MB down and 5-9 MB up with the new setup. I spent $40 for the modem on ebay and you can pick up a router for a reasonable price depending on model. Won't take long to get that money back with the $20+ monthly savings on a 20GB plan vs. Verizon's price. I did also need to pick up a 10 ft. USB extension cable to use with the modem and router as suggested by Xrayman in the Millenicom forum.

BoroGuy33

@erieairport.org
reply to anon87
I've had home fusion just over 2 months. They hooked it up at the end of August and everything worked great. Speeds were in the 15-26mbs range down and I was thrilled after having Hughesnet for 9 years.
Then 7 days ago it stopped working. Still get a good signal, 4 bars out of 5, but no internet access. I've been on the phone with tech support everyday and at first they submitted a trouble ticket to test their equipment. Everything looked good. I said it had to be my Cantenna or router as my brother has a 4G hotspot 1/4 mile from my house and it was getting a good signal. I was told it would cost me $100 to have a technician come out and check my equipment. I asked how they could charge me 2 months after install for their equipment going bad and they said it was the standard charge. I said I'd just cancel the Homefusion account and the guy said, no you have a 2 year contract...nice
Now they are saying my signal is marginal even though it worked great for 2 months... not sure what to do. It's my only option where I live but I can't stomach a $100 charge for something I just bought...

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
BBB complaint is next.

Just like Charter wanted to charge me $45 for running new line from the pole to the house....something they should have done in the beginning. I found the corporate contacts and had that waived immediately.

you just need to dig higher up the corporate ladder to get action.

said by BoroGuy33 :

I've had home fusion just over 2 months. They hooked it up at the end of August and everything worked great. Speeds were in the 15-26mbs range down and I was thrilled after having Hughesnet for 9 years.
Then 7 days ago it stopped working. Still get a good signal, 4 bars out of 5, but no internet access. I've been on the phone with tech support everyday and at first they submitted a trouble ticket to test their equipment. Everything looked good. I said it had to be my Cantenna or router as my brother has a 4G hotspot 1/4 mile from my house and it was getting a good signal. I was told it would cost me $100 to have a technician come out and check my equipment. I asked how they could charge me 2 months after install for their equipment going bad and they said it was the standard charge. I said I'd just cancel the Homefusion account and the guy said, no you have a 2 year contract...nice
Now they are saying my signal is marginal even though it worked great for 2 months... not sure what to do. It's my only option where I live but I can't stomach a $100 charge for something I just bought...

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
Your connection is stalling cause of a bad firmware update in august everyone is pissed of but the vendor is taking there sweet time fixing this.