Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KSD2004

join:2012-09-26
Smiths Grove, KY
reply to Bodybagger

[Troubles] Re: I'm about to lose it

To be honest I do play wow too there is no reason get upset about it. I haven't play wow 3 month, I have girlfriend which I care about then wow just sayin. If you want it be fix it be best talk to windstream about your issue as clam manner way instead blow up about it. Trust me I am calm person find out what going on, Sometime tech over the phone maybe not much know for sure they can't see it but that why they have windstream direct fourm is for. You want show them what issue you have, and they will be happy to help you but it won't be fix asap just saying give some time.

computerdoc

join:2012-08-06
Campobello, SC
Wow, you don't have a clue on what's really going on here do you my friend? You must be a new customer with functional internet by some miracle.

Many of us have been experiencing ongoing issues for at least several months if not years. We've been lied to about repair times and what the actual cause is more times than one would care to count. There is a reason Windstream is quickly doing downhill and their CEO is ranked one of the 10 worst in the country.

The issues experienced for the most part are from the company's neglect to upgrade old-school hardware combined with their greed in oversubscribing DSLAM's. It will catch up to them sooner or later with all the bad publicity and reports filed against them. You can only screw the consumer over for so long before your reputation is shot and unrecoverable .

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to KSD2004
KSD2004 I do understand what you are saying.. somewhat. =p And believe me when I say I try my best not to get pissed off about it. But you have to understand where a lot of us in the forum stand with Windstream. Like ComputerDoc has stated, most of us have had issues lasting longer than a few months. Back when they were Alltel in my area the local techs could usually do some good in getting their equipment upgraded and problems resolved in a more reasonable amount of time. Ever since Windstream evolved from Alltel's spin off of land line services, local techs have retired and CS and total quality of the company has fell through the bottom. I've been told by a few local techs that Windstream, for the longest time, wasn't spending the money needed to replace the equipment. When they were Alltel this was a different story. Local techs, as well as most of the Windstream engineers, know exactly how to fix the problems but the company will not buy the equipment. Now after many years of no upgrades to equipment they finally are starting to run fiber to their remotes. This is all great for us but still a total pain in the ass when the fiber is sitting dormant at the DSLAMs. Windstream made a deal with the Government in which the only way for them to get stimulus money was to run fiber to most of their footprint on their dime. Now that the fiber has been laid, Windstream waits around on that check from the Gov to order the new equipment to hook the fiber up. I'm assuming this check is finally coming through due to the announcement of VDSL/Gbond. Soon they will have the equipment and I'm sure most places that are fiber fed now will get this new equipment. This is great news for the people currently suffering through this nonsense.. 3+ years for us. And don't think that the upgrades to the area are going to happen overnight. Once the equipment is brought down to the location, there is installing it, testing it, moving people to it, etc. This could take another couple months by itself. This is why I'm not holding my breath for our Dec. 31st ETR date.

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to KSD2004
said by KSD2004:

To be honest I do play wow too there is no reason get upset about it. I haven't play wow 3 month, I have girlfriend which I care about then wow just sayin. If you want it be fix it be best talk to windstream about your issue as clam manner way instead blow up about it. Trust me I am calm person find out what going on, Sometime tech over the phone maybe not much know for sure they can't see it but that why they have windstream direct fourm is for. You want show them what issue you have, and they will be happy to help you but it won't be fix asap just saying give some time.

Obviously you are as new to this forum as you are the English language. You also must not be very familiar with Windstream's standard business practice of screwing their customers. Wait 2 more years with no fix or ETA of a fix to your existing problem, then you can preach to people about how calm they should be.

mark40511

join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

1 edit
reply to Bodybagger
Yes - at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. (sorry for the cliche)

Even though I personally have rarely had a problem with Windstream, I can only imagine the frustration of you folks in these areas having to deal with this not for a day, not for a month, but for over a year! I mean, that's ridiculous!

I still wonder to myself what the filthy rich people are doing in these areas with only Windstream as the provider. I'm sure they too have been dealing with this. I say this because people with lots of money and power ( usually) ,if they are personally affected can pull strings.