birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

1 recommendation

birdfeedr

MVM

STB goes into standby mode with TiVo

A question was left as feedback to the FAQ. Since this forum is a better place to get answers, I have posted the question here.
quote:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »TiVo issues with Motorola QIP 2500 I have an analog television, so I have already deselected all HD channels. I have always used the IR cable. I have been having the same problems with the FiOS updates resulting in blank screens (and blank recorded TiVo programs) until I MANUALLY resetting the FiOS set-top box (using the FiOS remote, powering the stb off and on, then pressing the MENU button. I have to do this EVERY TIME FiOS updates. Until I do this manual reset, TiVo just records the Verizon FiOS screen saver (I have the screen saver turned on rather than a blank screen for standby mode). If I am away for several days after the FiOS update, ALL of the TiVo recordings which have recorded in the interval are blank. FiOS initially replaced their stb (twice) with no effect on the problem. They then blamed TiVo. TiVo claims that they have never before encountered such a problem but updating to their newest dvr and changing from a set-top box to CableCard MAY fix the problem. No one is willing to guarantee a fix.

Any further suggestions?
Since I do not have an STB or TiVo, I can only speculate. Perhaps someone with more experience can answer this question. What happens when someone follows this procedure and FiOS adds another HD channel? Does the STB start going into standby mode again?

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine

I'm willing to guarantee it. A new TiVo Premiere would remove the Verizon-supplied set-top box from the equation, so the described situation would be impossible.