how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RobynC

join:2012-10-26
Hollywood, FL

Intermittent Problem Hearing Calls

Hi, I hope you folks can help me figure this out. I'm not sure if it's the MJ or not. This used to just happen occasionally, but it's gotten a lot worse. What happens is I get a call and the other party can hear me fine, but I can't hear them. If they call back it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Also, the sound will cut out in the middle of the call. I hear a click, and the line is dead from my end, but the OP still hears me. If I call out, it seems to work, but same thing, I will suddenly not be able to hear.

I've had the MJ for several years with never a bit of trouble. It's plugged directly into the back of the computer, and the phone is an ordinary Uniden TRU9460, not a cell or anything. I don't have access to another computer to test with, but my husband is going to borrow a different phone from work and try that. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot the MJ? I really don't know what to do next at this point. This is the only phone I have at home, so it's kind of important. Thanks for any and all help and advice!

cmthru

join:2005-03-19
Rockville, MD

There are a number of potential reasons for your problems.

1. Poor Internet connection-especially if you have DSL
2. Other applications running at the same time
3. Failing USB port
4. Faulty software - maybe reinstall MJ?
5. The dongle itself is failing

You can find many suggestions on 'cures' online