thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to Wilsdom

Premium Member

to Wilsdom

Re: Rental Delays Breed Pirating

Those are OK as long as they aren't glaringly obvious. Every vehicle in the movie is a new Ford? OK, I can deal with it, it doesn't distract from the movie that much. The lead characters carrying on a dialog for 90 seconds about how good a fucking Pepsi tastes? Ruins the movie.

MM42
@allstream.net

MM42

Anon

What movie has a character going on about how good a Pepsi tastes?

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

It was a generalization used to make a point. I don't have a specific example handy but I wouldn't be surprised if more than one exists.

I do have an example of blatant placement advertising, but it was in a TV show though. This season on the Showtime series "Episodes" (my wife likes it and forces me to watch it with her) two of the lead characters received new cars as gifts. I think they were Mercedes, but not entirely sure. Anyway, they were prominently displayed in most of the episodes. And in the episode when they first appeared one of the lead characters went on and on about the features of the car.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

My wife loves Project Runway. That show has become a 1 hour commercial basically. There was the Infiniti challenge, they always show random makeup stuff and then the people talking how they love the company's product. It's even built into the scripts.
« My idea.
This is a sub-selection from Rental Delays Breed Pirating