uniqs
share rss forum feed

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

[iPad] Who pre-ordered?

Pre-ordered a white 16gb mini with LTE for my wide and a 16gb black LTE for myself!

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:5
said by Count Zero:

Pre-ordered a white 16gb mini with LTE for my wide and a 16gb black LTE for myself!

Hopefully your wife doesn't see this thread that you called her wide *wink*
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
Bought 2 black 16 GB WiFi only for my daughters this morning.

[seinfeld ] And what's with the term "Pre-order"?
I ordered.
Before I ordered, I was pre-ordering, but as soon as I pressed OKAY, I was no longer pre-ordering [ /seinfeld]

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
reply to Count Zero
iPad min justi sold out according to CNBC.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
said by Majestik:

iPad min justi sold out according to CNBC.

Not according to the Apple Website. If you click on Black WiFi only, all capacities still show 11/2 delivery. I didn't check any further.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
Tulsa, OK
Must have been the white.

haroldo

united state
from Macrumors RSS feed
»www.macrumors.com/2012/10/26/app···r-stock/
Apple started pre-orders for the iPad mini and 4th Generation iPad early this morning at 3AM Eastern / 12AM Pacific. As noted in our forums, the initial stock of White iPad minis sold out quickly in the U.S. Within the first 17 minutes, ship dates for the white iPad mini slipped to 2 weeks from the original "Delivers 11/2". The black Wi-Fi iPad mini remains available for delivery by November 2nd.

Of course, its hard to tell how much of the stock out is related to high demand vs. low supply. We suspect stocks may have been low as others have noted that countries outside the U.S. listed "2 week" delivery times from the first moment the white iPad minis went on sale.

As typical, Apple will also offer the iPad mini in retail stores on launch day. Apple keeps a sizable stock of devices to be available on the official launch day of products. The Wi-Fi iPad mini will be available in retail stores starting on November 2nd. Meanwhile, the cellular version is promised by mid-November.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Count Zero
I didn't go the iPad Mini route; I got a white 32GB iPad 4 to replace my iPad 1. Another seamless preorder experience!
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to Count Zero
Just preordered iPad 4 AT&T 32 black.
Extra lightning cable and power adapter.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

loli
Premium
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY
reply to Count Zero
Waiting on Best Buy to preorder/buy a 16gb white mini. Got a nice 100 dollar gift card from bday I haven't used yet.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to Count Zero
iPad mini 16gb slate

3am preorder EST
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Majestik
Still can get a white one in Canada....

I really don't need another iDevice, so I'll blacklist the website and ban myself from the Apple Store by trying to shop naked, I really need to save my money.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
kudos:2
reply to Count Zero
In six months, Apple will have an "iPad Mini 2" with the guts of the 3. Maybe then I'll get one.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
reply to Count Zero

(topic move) [iPad] Who pre-ordered?

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 10 followups to it), has been removed

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to J E F F

Re: [iPad] Who pre-ordered?

I would normally update every other year but someone already wants to buy my iPad 3 for more than I paid for it new last march.
Not selling it until I am sure I can transfer my AT&T grandpa unlimited to the iPad 4.
Looks like it arrives Nov. 26.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to Count Zero
So, I wonder what mega-numbers we'll be hearing about regarding sales in a few days? Just reading a few random reports, the lines around the stores just weren't there. I am sure there are as many reports saying the demand has been unimaginably massive and they're going to have to mine metals on Mars to keep up.

I personally feel Apple missed the boat on smaller tablets and their pricing, even considering it's Apple is a joke.

Any predictions?
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
I bet they did great none the less. It's cold out and the weather (on the east coast in particular) was less than ideal so a lot of people probably just ordered online.

If the unit were priced $299 I bet Apple would have blown it out of the water.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to Nezmo

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to Count Zero
I got my iPad mini!
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

haroldo

united state

2 recommendations

reply to Count Zero
My pre-order iPad Minis, which last week became an order and simultaneously became pre-delivered finally got here yesterday... so it's now pre-opened as I've pre-gifted it to my daughters.
As soon as they open, it, it will become pre-owned to a future owner
(sorry, just being obnoxious)

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
iApprove

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Count Zero

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
reply to Count Zero
Click for full size
Click for full size
Look what came today!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
It's so cute!

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
Even though it weighs 3x the iPhone 5 it really isn't at all noticeable. In fact, given how much larger than the iPhone 5 it is your brain is almost tricked into feeling it's lighter because you're expecting so much more bulk.

The screen is noticeably not retina, but that's the only negative thing I've noticed at all so far.

haroldo

united state
said by Count Zero:

...The screen is noticeably not retina, ...

Maybe my eyes are really bad, but I loved the display of iPad (gen 1). When I got gen 3, I noticed it was better, but it wasn't like going from black and white to a plasma HDTV.
To me, it was a step up a nicer image, but the non-retina display is not a huge negative (on the Mini). ...IMHO

gjrhine

join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC
reply to Count Zero
Fed Ex Mini LTE delivery attempt at my mountain condo yesterday before I could get there. Will get it Monday. Fed Ex had it in China the day before and it's already here.
--
Gary in South Carolina --For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
Hopefully my A6X will be here early then. I lost my 3rd gen last week and ordered a 4th gen as a replacement. But of course it is scheduled for delivery at my office the Friday after Thanksgiving. I really don't want roll in just to wait on Fedex nor do I want to wait more than a week for my shipment.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
FedEx in your area may allow you to change the delivery address/site, including to a local FedEx store with later hours than is available for home delivery (if you have those).

I do this all the time online.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Count Zero
My 16GB VZ model was delivered yesterday morning.

It had to pass Cat Inspection first

Everything about the mini is amazing, except for the screen. I'm pretty disappointed by it. I haven't decided if I'm going to return it yet, though.

I was able to cut down my iPad 2 AT&T Micro SIM (which I've been using in my VZ iPad 3) and it works fine in the mini. Actually seeing better speeds on the mini than I was on the iPad 3.

--
University of Southern California - Fight On!