Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

It's so cute!

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

Even though it weighs 3x the iPhone 5 it really isn't at all noticeable. In fact, given how much larger than the iPhone 5 it is your brain is almost tricked into feeling it's lighter because you're expecting so much more bulk.

The screen is noticeably not retina, but that's the only negative thing I've noticed at all so far.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

said by Count Zero:

...The screen is noticeably not retina, ...

Maybe my eyes are really bad, but I loved the display of iPad (gen 1). When I got gen 3, I noticed it was better, but it wasn't like going from black and white to a plasma HDTV.
To me, it was a step up a nicer image, but the non-retina display is not a huge negative (on the Mini). ...IMHO

gjrhine

join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC
reply to Count Zero

Fed Ex Mini LTE delivery attempt at my mountain condo yesterday before I could get there. Will get it Monday. Fed Ex had it in China the day before and it's already here.
--
Gary in South Carolina --For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

Hopefully my A6X will be here early then. I lost my 3rd gen last week and ordered a 4th gen as a replacement. But of course it is scheduled for delivery at my office the Friday after Thanksgiving. I really don't want roll in just to wait on Fedex nor do I want to wait more than a week for my shipment.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

FedEx in your area may allow you to change the delivery address/site, including to a local FedEx store with later hours than is available for home delivery (if you have those).

I do this all the time online.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Count Zero

My 16GB VZ model was delivered yesterday morning.

It had to pass Cat Inspection first

Everything about the mini is amazing, except for the screen. I'm pretty disappointed by it. I haven't decided if I'm going to return it yet, though.

I was able to cut down my iPad 2 AT&T Micro SIM (which I've been using in my VZ iPad 3) and it works fine in the mini. Actually seeing better speeds on the mini than I was on the iPad 3.

--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

reply to Count Zero

Received my iPad 4 AT&T LTE 32 black today.
AT&T transferred my grandfathered unlimited data plan account to it and now running on LTE.
Grandpa good.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to Thinkdiff

Click for full size
LTE rocks!