88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to kontos

to kontos

Re: Rental Delays Breed Pirating

said by kontos:

said by battleop:

The movie I rented would not allow me to skip the previews but I later wound up a store bought copy of the same movie later on and I could skip the adds on that one. So I assume that redbox versions won't allow it.

They don't allow you to skip, but they do allow you to fast forward.
Still, Redbox (if you're listening), I've been renting fewer movies from you because of this.

Seriously this is an issue? You're renting a god damn movie for $1.20. WTF do you expect? Want to be able to skip preview then be prepared to pay $4 for the movie. No such thing as a free lunch. Here's an idea go take a shit, fix some popcorn and drinks and the previews will be over by then.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

Insert "Well that escalated quickly." image here.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
Is your MO to come into any thread and say the exact opposite of everyone else?

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

If that is true, so what? It helps prevent the "groupthink" prevalent in forums like BBR. A "devils advocate" should always be welcome.
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

1 recommendation

slckusr to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

He plays the corporate shill. You can go in every thread and he is either trolling for additional comments or he actually believes the delusions he puts forth, either way its good for a chuckle. (just dont feed him).

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Seriously this is an issue? You're renting a god damn movie for $1.20. WTF do you expect? Want to be able to skip preview then be prepared to pay $4 for the movie. No such thing as a free lunch. Here's an idea go take a shit, fix some popcorn and drinks and the previews will be over by then.

Yes it's an issue. The music industry learned this lesson the hard way. They tried offering DRM-locked music and it didn't fly with consumers because they could pirate convenient, universally usable music.

They were forced to offer consumers what they really wanted. MP3s and DRM-free iTunes downloads.

The movie industry needs to step up their game. There are lots of us that would be glad to pay a premium for a nice legal service that offers the latest movies at fair prices. Instead we get 28+ day delays and unstoppable ads.

When you try to do the right thing by going legal and get treated to this sort of nonsense, it doesn't feel like much of a reward.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

88615298 (banned) to ptrowski

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

You want to all sit around a campfire singing kum-by-ya? Is this discussion forum or an "everyone all agree with everyone else like lemmings" forum?

88615298 (banned) to djrobx

to djrobx
said by djrobx:

Yes it's an issue. The music industry learned this lesson the hard way. They tried offering DRM-locked music and it didn't fly with consumers because they could pirate convenient, universally usable music.

They were forced to offer consumers what they really wanted. MP3s and DRM-free iTunes downloads.

Huge difference between DRM and previews on DVDs, this discussion is about previews. Personally I don't give 2 shits if you want to make copies of your DVDs for personal use. Doesn't matter to me.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by ptrowski:

You want to all sit around a campfire singing kum-by-ya? Is this discussion forum or an "everyone all agree with everyone else like lemmings" forum?

Nope, was just a simple question as it seems you love to take the opposite view in any thread. No worries.
« My idea.
This is a sub-selection from Rental Delays Breed Pirating