Midwest

EGeezer to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD

Re: She's coming

I'm sure Adorama isn't the only business to do this, but it's a nice idea -

Power Up for FREE at Adorama!
Charge It!

Adorama is happy to announce that we have reopened and want to do whatever we can to help ease your recovery. Many New Yorkers are blacked out, so today and tomorrow on 18th between 5th & 6th, we have set up high-powered charging stations for FREE usage.

We invite you to come down with your phones and electronics and charge all your devices at our stations for FREE. This is a free public service for all of New York. Adorama – the official retailer of the NY Giants – is located on 18th Street between 5th & 6th Avenue. We wish you and your loved ones a very safe recovery after the storm.

Also, if you need any charges or cables equipment shipped see all our accessories HERE(link). We will do our very best to get it shipped out the same day.

Sincerely,

The Adorama Team

Source - email from Adorama

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

2 recommendations

WK2 to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Just got power back!

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to AVD

MVM,

to AVD
Power was out from Monday afternoon around 5PM until Tuesday evening (6PM) in my neighborhood. No damage in the immediate area as we're pretty high above sea level, but a lot of the houses have decks that go down to the beaches - many of those are completely gone or seriously damaged.

The lower lying portions of the neighborhood flooded pretty badly. Not sure if their power is still out.

I'm just happy the power came back relatively quickly. I was freaking out when Con-Ed originally said a week+ for aerial power. That's just insane.

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

2 edits

FizzyMyNizzy to AVD

to AVD
Power is now up. I live spring street(NoLita), manhattan. Power went up on 5PM. 11/2/2012

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Just got power back about an hour ago. HEAT, thank you God!!! Thankful for no flooding at all. But gas is a big problem, there isn't any.

Annmarie

join:2000-11-11

1 recommendation

Annmarie to AVD

to AVD
Sorry I did not read this whole thread cause I just have a moment more on this leeched signal - still no power, no heat and little gas here in Ronkonkoma.

It is cold today! We are cleaning up the downed trees but also have wires from the cable line on the lawn.

What a mess but we went through Gloria living on the Great South Bay.
THAT was much worse for us on LI.

Stay warm - or warmer than us!

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

1 edit

whizkid3 to AVD

MVM

to AVD
I am back. Just got back online. We never lost power here, lucky for us. However, we lost our internet connection the night of the storm.

My guess is that it is surprisingly quiet in this forum, because most NYer's are without power; and most that have it, have little internet connection. Cell phone contact is extremely spotty in areas without electricity.

I have been all around Manhattan. It is an amazing stark contrast between areas with power basically north of 30th street on the west side, and north of 40th street on the east side - and areas without power. Many, many high-rise commercial and residential buildings in Manhattan, near the shore in 'Area A', are decimated. Even if Con Ed brings power back on, the basements are filled with salt-water, the electrical systems, water pumps, septic pumps, boilers, etc - are destroyed. Many buildings will not have power for one month or more, while they re-build their internal systems.

The Rockaways, Coney Island, other 'beach' areas are completely destroyed from what I have heard from co-workers who live there. The bridge to the Rockaways is washed out, and its turning into chaos, especially after dark. Also, 90% of Long Island without power.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by whizkid3:

The Rockaways, Coney Island, other 'beach' areas are completely destroyed from what I have heard from co-workers who live there. The bridge to the Rockaways is washed out, and its turning into chaos, especially after dark. Also, 90% of Long Island without power.

From what I hear, parts of Staten Island are just "gone"

Annmarie

join:2000-11-11

Annmarie to AVD

to AVD
Power was restored to my home yesterday evening. Without power or cable I was unable to get a handle on the pictures of LI during or after the storm.

I am almost afraid to look from the bit I have seen here.

I have to head to the South Shore today - specifically Good Sam Hospital in West Islip on 27A.
Any suggestions from anyone who knows the area?

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

»superstorm-sandy.weebly.com/