RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

[Leo] Strange Problem With Software Update

I've been having a pretty strange problem with Software Update. I have a mid-2011 iMac and was running 10.7.4. I decided to update to 10.7.5, and when I ran Software Update, it downloaded it with no problem.

However, when it was installing it, I got an error message (sorry but I didn't save it to post) that basically stated that the update failed due to either the file not expanding or a corrupt download. I ran Software Update 3 more times and got the same error message each time.

I called Apple (I have Apple Care on the iMac) and I was told by a Senior Advisor that I had to run the Recovery HD and reinstall Lion. I did this and it installed 10.7.5.

I thought that all was well, however, I ran Software Update again and there were 3 updates; Safari 6.0.1, iTunes 10.7 and the Flashback Removal tool.

I had all 3 checked, and during the install, I got the same above-mentioned error message. I was able to update/install each of the 3 separately, but not all 3 together.

Does anyone know why I am having this issue? Thanks.
--
Obama in 2012 - Vote For The Poor And The Middle Class - The Teabaggers Are Done.