spc
uniqs

anon Name
@terago.net

anon Name to jordanp

Anon

to jordanp

Re: Moving Fee

Just cancel the service and sign up for a new one at the new address. That way you can get their new customer deals. Stupid isn't it. I have seen a ton of people do it that way.

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

said by anon Name :

Just cancel the service and sign up for a new one at the new address. That way you can get their new customer deals. Stupid isn't it. I have seen a ton of people do it that way.

For most residential customers, that could work. He specified a biz account, and I would definitely not cancel and sign up again. Especially if there is services on a specific static and critical services needing to be run on that static.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak

Premium Member

said by rustydusty:

Especially if there is services on a specific static and critical services needing to be run on that static.

New CMTS, new static(s).

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Not anymore, given /30 and /29 for static IPs now, they are moved with you.

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

said by kevinds:

Not anymore, given /30 and /29 for static IPs now, they are moved with you.

Ohhhh rurry?

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds

Premium Member

I wanted two sequencial static IPs, the only way I could get them, was to get a /29 block, because static IPs are /30. And yes, my last move, they moved my static IPs to my new CMTS.

Edit: Actually I just wanted two static IPs in the same subnet, so they would use the same gateway, direct-access wants two sequencial, that was a different project.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde to pfak

to pfak
said by pfak:

said by rustydusty:

Especially if there is services on a specific static and critical services needing to be run on that static.

New CMTS, new static(s).

Kevin is correct, this is no longer true if you are assigned a static on a /29 or /30 subnet. It is portable to a new CMTS. If your subnet is around a /22 then you might want to ask about getting a /29 or /30.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Also makes node splits, when the new node is on a different CMTS, there is very little downtime.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak

Premium Member

said by kevinds:

Also makes node splits, when the new node is on a different CMTS, there is very little downtime.

Sweet! Better than the days where my "statics" would get re-numbered every 9 months.