uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to xenograffiti

to xenograffiti

Re: [MoP] DPS

elemental shamans are shit dps now. i'm so pissed about that. now i HAVE to get a whole new set of gear to even be viable. i was rolling Resto MS/ Ele OS but it just doesn't cut.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

elemental shamans are shit dps now.

compared to what? Ours still looks impressive... not mage-like impressive, but still quite good.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

compared to 14 other classes and specs. even noxxic.com has posted both theory and actual dps charts.

it's shit shit shit and not progression worthy

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

2 edits

Immer

Premium Member

Click for full size
10m Normal
Click for full size
10m Heroic
Click for full size
25m Normal
Click for full size
25m Heroic
okay... was hoping for something a little less rhetorical. lemme see....

edit: I'm not going to go through all of the theoretical dps, but it seems that in practice, they have been on "the low side" more often than not... but it doesn't look like it's total sh*t. Enhance is doing better, yes. If I limit the parses to only the top 100, Ele is still hanging in there. So I humbly disagree with the assessment overall. But if your raid is stacked with the powerhouse dps classes, I can definitely see your frustration.

reference: »www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/ ··· default/

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

EDIT: dammit immer

I do find it interesting that they're up there in 10H. I looked at Feng my own self, because that is the least gimmicky DPS fight in there (excepting tanks), and their rankings were similar.

Also that destro locks are so bad there's not even a ranking for 25H :\

xenograffiti
@unt.edu

xenograffiti to Immer

Anon

to Immer
I'm behind the curve atm - not geared and not yet raiding - so I can't argue with your data. All I've got is the anecdote previously stated.

The question I ask is why can't we be part of the "powerhouse dps classes" in-crowd? Oh yeah, we're filthy "hybrids", I forgot.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Immer

to Immer
yeah they're "hanging in there." but they are the bottom of the barrel dps. the 10H is likely an anomaly from your website. check back in another 14 days and see. your ele shaman can hang in there but didn't i read that he is now focused on a monk? right move there if he is.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Wheres that panther er Tree?

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

when i was playing more, there wasn't any time for alts. i'm on a crazy shift this week so i'm just leveling a monk right now.

My main faction is Horde and my monk is currently an 82 Mistweaver brother. I'll pick up the drood sometime soon...maybe....if I continue playing.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
there has to be some major cheesing going on in 25m heroic for com rogue to be 40% higher than all other specs.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

I think that translates to "Stone Guard".

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

i think the most gains for a combat rogue would on stone guard and the spiritbinder troll boss down in the basement killing adds and stacking that ridiculous damage buff from being overhealed down there.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

your ele shaman can hang in there but didn't i read that he is now focused on a monk? right move there if he is.

That's just an option we are exploring to deal with losing a tank and a backup tank to RL and one of our healers is taking his family camping with their boyscout troop this weekend. He's a dedicated shaman... that will not change.
Immer

Immer to xenograffiti

Premium Member

to xenograffiti
I can't remember a time when shamans were awesome at the start of an expansion... but they usually end the expansion strong. For MoP, I just don't think their dps go much attention, but they are strong raid healers... monks are better, but that is to be expected since this is their debut. Most progression raids seem to be stacking monks atm, so that skews the numbers a bit.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Resto Shaman have almost always been good. Healing isn't the topic here. The one dps spec (Elemental) is the one under fire. Personally, I'm happy Enhancement is taking center stage as the premiere dps spec for shaman.

I'm disheartened at the fact that there was a huge change from Elemental being at the forefront during the beta and then all of a sudden it is utter crap.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I was merely dovetailing on the hybrids comment.