spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dfree
join:2001-03-12
Saint Louis, MO

dfree

How to Get U-verse best rates?

My special introductory rate ended in August. Who can I call, where do I go to get the best monthly rates?

When I call ATT, you must spend 30 minutes of "quality time" with the maddening automated voice attendant. Then you are switched to the Philippines, Bangalore, or a call center in Siberia.

Charter is pressing hard in my neighborhood to sign up for a triple bundle of voice, cable, internet for $93.00 per month. My current service from ATT is in the retail stratosphere at $208.00 monthly.
I have Uverse 300, unlimited voice, and 12 meg internet which has never been provisioned above 2.5 meg.

Suggestions?

Daniel
relgin
join:2001-10-24
Elmwood Park, IL

relgin

Daniel,

Just call the normal AT&T number and ask for retentions or just say you want to cancel. You will be switched to an American that speaks English. Just be calm and polite and they should work with you and try there best to keep you as a customer.

Rich

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

chadrob30 to dfree

Premium Member

to dfree
My buddy just had all of his promotions expire and his bill went up to over $200. He called and talked to a real nice English speaking gent and was asked what he would like and my friend told him what channels and speed and they got him back on a promotion. The only caveat is that he had to be locked into that package/price for a year.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to dfree

Premium Member

to dfree
I've had the same experience as the posters above. When you get to a human being in billing ask for "customer retention." It has gotten my bill down nicely whenever the promotional rates end.
dfree
join:2001-03-12
Saint Louis, MO

dfree

Thank your for your suggestions. I called, asked for account retention and spoke to a serious and resonable representative.
My bill was lowered to $124.00 for the three services.

They even doubled my download speed from 6 meg to 12 meg.
I was wrong, I had 6 meg service.

This is not so much of a plus because it's never run above 2.5meg.
Any suggestion on dealing with tech support?

Thanks
Daniel

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

You may be too far from the VRAD or RT to get more. I would go to the AT&T Direct forum here and post and see what the much more effective and responsive AT&T techs at BBR can do.