Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to linicx

Premium Member

to linicx

Re: No!

said by linicx:

none, None, NONE serve rural America because it is not profitable.

Well, you got that part right.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

said by tshirt:

said by linicx:

none, None, NONE serve rural America because it is not profitable.

Well, you got that part right.

Money is money.. People labeled rural that aren't actually rural would be a great revenue for any company already established in the area for damn sure.. If your the only provider and don't completely suck. Guess who will get the business? Definitely not verizon with low caps and pricey overages on lte.. Not till someone wakes the hell up at least and realize that they would make a profit while allowing people to actually use the service...

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

Rural that isn't is usually a suburb. Fifty miles from nowhere is rural! They all suck because they all do the same thing: provide the least amount of services and charge the highest rates. Cable for instance charges $100 for 10/1. Telco charges $60 for 10/.512 and is more reliable. Both both bundle sucky Voip. But Telco pretends its a landline because it is digital delivered over copper. It doesn't work any better than a cellphone, in fact not as good most of the time. The only advantage to Telco is if the cell towers are down and the computer is down, I still have the sucky phone 9 out of 10 times.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

I can understand the 50 miles from anyone else being labeled as rural, hell even 12 miles before your first neighbor definitely qualifies... Hell, i'll even go as far as 3 miles from anyone/thing being rural..

Me? I'm not rural, i'm in the broadband no deployment nexus from hell apparently

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

Me too. City folks don't understand that farms can be 5mi apart.

Bon Aqua must me about like Bath.
« No rate hike then?
This is a sub-selection from No!