All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Tony1234
@rr.com

Tony1234 to JasonBKs

Anon

to JasonBKs

Re: [TWC] TWC - Kansas City/Overland Park ClearQAM - Gone!

ABC (KMBC) 68.2
CBS (KCTV) 71.2
FOX (WDAF) 69.5
NBC (KSHB) 71.3

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Tony1234 :

ABC (KMBC) 68.2
CBS (KCTV) 71.2
FOX (WDAF) 69.5
NBC (KSHB) 71.3

can you give the full list of clear QAM channels in Kansas City there are more than just the big four networks it would help JasonBKs.

jones7981
@rr.com

jones7981

Anon

Has anyone had any luck picking up the following channels?

ABC (KMBC) 68.2
CBS (KCTV) 71.2
FOX (WDAF) 69.5
NBC (KSHB) 71.3

My HD Homerun and TV only pick up the following channels. Maybe the above channels are blocked (filtered) since I do not have basic cable?

82-9 (WGN)
84-2 (On Demand TWC)
JasonBKs
join:2012-10-25

JasonBKs to Tony1234

to Tony1234
Thanks for the new frequencies Tony1234!

I very clearly asked them whether it was just a frequency change (I just left that part of the chat out of the OP) and they said no, but I'm glad they were wrong.

I just verified I can receive the new frequencies with no issues. Thanks again!

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by JasonBKs:

Thanks for the new frequencies Tony1234!

I very clearly asked them whether it was just a frequency change (I just left that part of the chat out of the OP) and they said no, but I'm glad they were wrong.

I just verified I can receive the new frequencies with no issues. Thanks again!

hey can you post a new list of all of the QAM channels?
JasonBKs
join:2012-10-25

JasonBKs

I only have what Tony1234 posted but I'm assuming your question is directed to him.

jones7981
@rr.com

jones7981

Anon

Just to followup on my post although no one responded.

I did not have cable (basic or standard) and enjoyed Clear QAM through TWC with RoadRunner internet only. Because of this, I had a RoadRunner trap on my line and when TWC moved the channels, it moved them outside this trap and so I subsequently lost all access to Clear QAM except WGN and Video On Demand. TWC of course denied that the channel move would impact me but it did. I prove this by adding basic cable to my TWC account and re-running the channel scan and poof, all the Clear QAM channels are back. Is it legal to force someone to purchase basic cable in order to get OTA channels via Clear QAM?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I fail to understand why as a non cable TV subscriber in any form you think internet gives you the right to access TV signals.
Your question requires some research which you should probably do.

Hob

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to jones7981

Premium Member

to jones7981
Internet only subscribers are not suppose to get any video service at all. It's perfectly legal, and usually required by broadcasters, for providers to block video signals not specifically subscribed to and paid for.

Since that's the case TWC would expect you not to be affected by any changes they've made to their video service offerings since you don't subscribe to them.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

You don't understand. These people would write the fcc, local paper, etc because they lost their FREE local channels and NOW have to PAY for service.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

They weren't supposed to be free to begin with. TWC just fixed the pro lem that allowed them to be seen without proper subscription. Let people complain to the FCC and local papers all they want. The last few clear channels will get shut out too.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by DocDrew:

They weren't supposed to be free to begin with. TWC just fixed the pro lem that allowed them to be seen without proper subscription. Let people complain to the FCC and local papers all they want. The last few clear channels will get shut out too.

My TWC area got smart and thanks to increased need for 8 more SDV QAMs, 4 more VOD QAMs, and 2 more DOCSIS channels TWC moved almost all my locals down into the trapped out range for HSI only customers:

10 out the 14 local HD channels are trapped out on HSD accounts.

Local Access Channels are not available with HSD only accounts

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin

I fail to understand why as a non cable TV subscriber in any form you think internet gives you the right to access TV signals.

I fail to understand why TWC blame 'net subscriber when it's TW's fault sending the tv signals to them. What do you want them to do?