uniqs
share rss forum feed

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

Sprint Galaxy SIII Jelly Bean Update

Has anyone actually gotten the update yet?

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY

I'm guessing this is a no or no one here has a GSIII.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1

This forum is more geared to data plans , services and devices . I imagine you would get much better response over at www.howardforums.com. Lots of phone folks over there.
--
»www.maximumsignal.net/

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY

said by Max Signal:

This forum is more geared to data plans , services and devices . I imagine you would get much better response over at www.howardforums.com. Lots of phone folks over there.

Thank you. I was hoping that with the popularity of the phone that some readers here would have the phone and could take a moment to answer. I'll check out the link you gave. Thanks again!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

My phone has been nagging me for an update, but I haven't been able to apply it as I have to roll back from a custom rom and now am in the middle of a blackout.

seginus

join:2008-01-30
Worcester, MA
reply to JohnILM

I got my update the other day. Took maybe 15 minutes. Haven't looked for new stuff with it or anything though.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY

1 edit
reply to JohnILM

I too finally got the update late, late last night. It didn't come directly. I did a few things to help it along.

I went to:
Settings->Application Manager (ALL)->Google Services Framework
Once there, I hit "Clear data" and then "Force stop". Went back to:
Settings->System Update->Update Samsung Software->Check Now
Some people have claimed they did this once and it worked. I did it a bunch of times (and even restarted the phone). After a handful of tried (over 10 minutes) it finally picked up the update. 300+MB download.

Edited for typo