spc
uniqs
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan to acillatem

to acillatem

Re: [WildBlue] WildBlue installers..question about required spar

It shouldn't be much more than that. The shipping is what hurts the most. They pay the shipping on the lease/ship but you and I pay it on the spare parts and systems we buy on spec.
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

said by JSheridan:

It shouldn't be much more than that. The shipping is what hurts the most. They pay the shipping on the lease/ship but you and I pay it on the spare parts and systems we buy on spec.

WB does pay $20 towards the shipping when you buy vs lease ship
In my case shipping is a little more than 20 but it helps
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by Liberty:

said by JSheridan:

WB does pay $20 towards the shipping when you buy vs lease ship
In my case shipping is a little more than 20 but it helps

I forgot about that because it still costs us $30 on top of the $20 they pay.
acillatem
join:2011-04-21
U.S.A.

acillatem

You guys that have actually been paid by WildBlue for equipment that wasn't lease/ship.....who actually paid you?
Reason I ask is, I called DSI, who is the distributor for the retailer I work for, and they also pay him his commissions and whatnot, and the guy I talked to said, they can't pay for a system that I provided, because they can't get that money from WildBlue......something like that. I'm not getting a straight answer from anyone, so figured I'd ask you guys that experienced this firsthand, how it pretty much works. Thanks!
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

said by acillatem:

You guys that have actually been paid by WildBlue for equipment that wasn't lease/ship.....who actually paid you?
Reason I ask is, I called DSI, who is the distributor for the retailer I work for, and they also pay him his commissions and whatnot, and the guy I talked to said, they can't pay for a system that I provided, because they can't get that money from WildBlue......something like that. I'm not getting a straight answer from anyone, so figured I'd ask you guys that experienced this firsthand, how it pretty much works. Thanks!

We get paid for the system + $20 freight from DSI after it's activated.
acillatem
join:2011-04-21
U.S.A.

acillatem

Yes, but is that from a system that you originally bought from your distributor?

The reason I ask is, I called DSI again today, who is the distributor for the guy I work for, and they said if I was to use a system that I got myself, regardless of who I got from, if it didn't go through their sales channel, I wouldn't get paid for it.

I originally set out to get a spare modem and tria from the WildBlue shop, and then thought maybe I'll check Ebay, see if I can find someone that is getting out of the business, or whatever, and selling their spare. Money is tight, so figured it's worth a try.

I ran across this
»cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP ··· :US:1123

and was told about getting paid for systems you install, and this looked like a chance to make some extra money on the systems.

I'm still in contact with these people, but it doesn't sound like you can simply get $360 for installing a system from just wherever.

Anyway, I might buy one of these, and with shipping, it would cost me about $170, and I'd have an entire system, which includes my required spare modem and tria....for over $100 less than the modem and tria would cost from the WildBlue shop.
JSheridan
USA

JSheridan

I wouldn't buy from anybody but DSI or WildBlue if I expect to get paid for the equipment when using it as either a primary or a spare. If you need the spare and use it then you better get paid for it and you probably won't if it's not from an approved sales channel.