All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

IndianaGuy
@comcast.net

IndianaGuy

Anon

[FireFox] Incompatibility with Xfinity TV and Firefox 16.0.2?

After the latest Firefox update I seem unable to view movies on Xfinity TV (Comcast). IE9 works fine showing movies but I get the following message when I use the latest Firefox:
Xfinity Video Player Upgrade
Upgrade your Xfinity Player!
In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

Windows XP: Safari 3/4
Windows Vista: IE 6, Safari 3/4
Windows 7: IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
Mac OS 10.4.11+: IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

NOTE: I'm running Windows 7 and Firefox 16.0.2 (Which should be ok)
I tried disabling No script but no luck and then disabled 'all plugins" on a restart with no luck.

Before I start doing drastic manipulations in my Firefox configuration I'll ask if anyone else is having the problem?
Thanks.

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK
ARRIS BGW210-700
ARRIS TM3402
Asus RT-AC68

MarkRH

Premium Member

Re: [FireFox] Incompatibility with Xfinity TV and Firefox 16.0.2

What version of Firefox did you upgrade from? If it was 16.0 or 16.0.1 then the User Agent the website sees didn't change. I don't have Comcast so I probably can't test it but I imagine the player is a plug-in of some kind. Does Firefox show it as being enabled in plug-ins?

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to IndianaGuy

to IndianaGuy
What did Comcast say when you called them?

IndianaGuy
@comcast.net

IndianaGuy to MarkRH

Anon

to MarkRH
Thanks MarkRH. It seemed I was the only one having this problem and you're comment started me thinking,so I checked about:config and the UA had changed (something I never do). I had installed and uninstalled a couple of privacy add-ons and suspect that's where it changed. Additionally, I always run the FEBE backup before and after any changes and so I reverted to a profile I saved earlier and now everything works and I get my movies.

Obviously it was my doing and nothing to do with Comcast or the new Firefox update. Thank god for FEBE!

Thanks again.